Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i customed welded and mounted a set of 98 corvette c5 mufflers on my 2002 bravada. ive been looking around and i cant fine anyone who has done this? :)
i sounds absolutly amazing. it has a mean growl to it now!
:raspberry:raspberry

Attachments

·
Registered
chevy
30 Posts
Video!!! :) looks great too.

The titanium corvette setup would be nice and light but either way... Thats a lot tubing and weight compared to a single 3" or 4" muffler.

Looks great though.. Hard to get past that!!

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry im trying to get the video on but i take everthing with my phone and my computer doesnt like to transfer it over... im tryin, if i get it ill post it:confused:

Attachments

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
3,250 Posts
I admire the ingenuity of the job, but unfortunately, it doesn't sound much different than my stock I6.

Bottom line, you can't make an inline 6 sound anything like a V8.

Sorry.

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I admire the ingenuity of the job, but unfortunately, it doesn't sound much different than my stock I6.

Bottom line, you can't make an inline 6 sound anything like a V8.

Sorry.
Trust me buddy, it is alot louder and more toned then a stock I6. & i honestly wasnt trying to "make it sound like a v8" if i wanted a car that sounded like a v8 i would have bought an old muscle car . but i feel like the 4.2l I6 is a much more reliable and less common foundation to build a performance vehicle. i mean how many built chevy 350's or ls1? if i wanted to be common i wouldnt have built my bravada the way i did... hell i wouldnt have a bravada lol.
a creative mind will astound people while a common gear head with common mods to his common small block will bore people.

think outside of the box:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
9,559 Posts
Do you not like your spare tire? I believe that you also killed the towing ability, or at least stifled it a little.

·
Registered
2006 chevy
492 Posts
looks awkward, not my cup of tea but it's your truck and I admire your enthusiasm :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
8 Posts
yep nice work looks good, but I wouldnt put it on mine

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
nope

Do you not like your spare tire? I believe that you also killed the towing ability, or at least stifled it a little.
yeah the no spare tire thing is a down but i work at discount tire so i carry a flat repair kit in my boot so no worries. and the towing ability is still there. it i actually have a 15 foot trailer that i tow around every once and a while and it tows just like a reg. trailblazer would. the setup would look a whole lot cleaner if i would delete the trailer hitch and moved the tips up but (like i said, i tow a trailer on a reg. basis)
:)

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
202 Posts
looks good and sounds good.:thumbsup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts