Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle
88 Posts
Go with the PB Blaster. A little tapping, a little heat (carefully), a little time to soak, repeat. They'll eventually give way.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
564 Posts
Try Kroil. That stuff is great!!

·
Registered
2004 Chevy Trailblazer LS RWD
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Well, now I gotta work on the brakes on my daily driver 05 Malibu. The brake light is on, the pedal's low, and fluid is low. Somethings leaking by a rear wheel. At 155k I think the rear drum brakes are original. I've owned it since 44k.

I read about a mix of ATF & acetone is suppose to be a good penetrating oil. I made some 50/50 mix and squirted it on the TBs rusted suspension bolts. It can soak while I fix the Bu and wait for parts to arrive.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I got all 6 big LCA bracket bolts to turn. That's a relief. Parts ain't here yet.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
564 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Okay, I work slow and take multi-day breaks between sessions. I have finally fixed my Malibu brakes and can get back to the Trailblazer. I had problems with a leak at a wheel cylinder. a badly stuck brake drum, had to loosen the bearing hub to move the backing plate enough to get access into tight spaces, and with new parts the thing still leaked. Finally got it. One trick, that may have helped, was annealing copper washers, to soften them so they seal better.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts