Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I didn't mean to delete, I thought my truck didn't have DRL functioning but I was wrong. I saw a few posts about doing a DRL kill. I heard people talk about a guy who sells a kit, is that accurate? If it is I would like to buy it from him and I don't know how to contact him because I am new to the forum ? Or can somebody give me a quick instructions on how to hardwire it? Also it says solved with it it's not but it wouldn't give me another option and allow me to post

·
Registered
2008 trailblazer_lt
2 Posts
Super Easy

So I did the DRL mod on my 08' TB. Really easy actually. I followed a YouTube video by May03LT "turn off daytime running lights for under $10" for the "how to" part and I purchased my relay and harness from Best Buy for $13. It took me about 15min to knock this out. Works great! I have HID low beams and High beams. The quad high beams is a little over kill, but never the less, the video is spot on and I haven't had a single issue with my mod or HIDs. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
16 Posts
I got mine from TBLAZED on here. Not sure if he's still around, but it's been good for 6-7 years now.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle_xl
71 Posts
Just did mine today... took longer to remove and reinstall the middle seat (I have an '04 Envoy XL) than it to do the mod. Works great!!!
I HATE DRIVING LIGHTS!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2009 chevy trailblazer_lt
9 Posts
Any details on the instructions you followed?
Just did mine today... took longer to remove and reinstall the middle seat (I have an '04 Envoy XL) than it to do the mod. Works great!!!
I HATE DRIVING LIGHTS!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
non_gmt360 other
6 Posts
don't want DRLs press emergency brake pedal one click it's free and no wiring up extra stuff.

I personally think DRLs make a vehicle safer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I didn't mean to delete, I thought my truck didn't have DRL functioning but I was wrong. I saw a few posts about doing a DRL kill. I heard people talk about a guy who sells a kit, is that accurate? If it is I would like to buy it from him and I don't know how to contact him because I am new to the forum ? Or can somebody give me a quick instructions on how to hardwire it? Also it says solved with it it's not but it wouldn't give me another option and allow me to post
You don’t need a day time light killer! All you have to do is push the indome light switch 3 times and it kills the day running lights! And do the same to cut them back on! I use it for my HIDs during the day

·
Registered
'02 TB EXT and '05 TB parts vehicle
37 Posts
I got mine from TBLAZED on here. Not sure if he's still around, but it's been good for 6-7 years now.
TBLAZED told me he no longer has any of the kits when I PM him a month ago :( I too hate DRL's...in fact, I've just covered my dash sensor so that the low beams and running lights run anytime the truck is running!)

·
Registered
37 Posts
You don’t need a day time light killer! All you have to do is push the indome light switch 3 times and it kills the day running lights! And do the same to cut them back on! I use it for my HIDs during the day
but you have to do that every time you crank the truck! No thanks!

·
Registered
37 Posts
don't want DRLs press emergency brake pedal one click it's free and no wiring up extra stuff.

I personally think DRLs make a vehicle safer.
Only if the tail/running/marker lights were on with them! Otherwise, it's NOT safer because I've seen too many idiots driving down the interstate at 2AM with only their DRL's on. You can't see the rear of their vehicle until you've nearly run their asses over!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts