Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just let me say that im pretty new to the board and i have found a ton of great info.

With that said i need some help with which tires to put on the tb. i want a fairly aggressive looking all terrain tire but it cant be too expensive. i have looked a the general grabber at2 and the local tire dealer said they are on national backorder with no production. i need some advice on which direction to go.

I am also debating on whether on keeping the oem size of 245/65/17 or increasing to a 245/70/17 or a 255/65/17 since i just installed the 1" leveling kit from smaxx (only b/c i didnt want a 2.5" or i would have gone with the lift miester).

Any info would greatly help! THANKS IN ADVANCE!

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
527 Posts
Hey guys just let me say that im pretty new to the board and i have found a ton of great info.

With that said i need some help with which tires to put on the tb. i want a fairly aggressive looking all terrain tire but it cant be too expensive. i have looked a the general grabber at2 and the local tire dealer said they are on national backorder with no production. i need some advice on which direction to go.

I am also debating on whether on keeping the oem size of 245/65/17 or increasing to a 245/70/17 or a 255/65/17 since i just installed the 1" leveling kit from smaxx (only b/c i didnt want a 2.5" or i would have gone with the lift miester).

Any info would greatly help! THANKS IN ADVANCE!
Well there isnt much info on the new goodyear authoritys A/T... They are only available at walmart though and i dont know how you feel about buying a "walmart special tire" I like them because they are a aggressive tire, but still an A/T tire. My only problem i have seen about them so far is there load range for my size i want 265/70/17 is D or E i dont remember but its too much i think.. You can also look at BFgoodrich A/T's, or if you want more aggressive
tread, then go with the T/M's the first gen is cheaper... You can check out this thread for more ideas...

http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=48318

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
48 Posts
Well there isnt much info on the new goodyear authoritys A/T... They are only available at walmart though and i dont know how you feel about buying a "walmart special tire" I like them because they are a aggressive tire, but still an A/T tire. My only problem i have seen about them so far is there load range for my size i want 265/70/17 is D or E i dont remember but its too much i think.. You can also look at BFgoodrich A/T's, or if you want more aggressive
tread, then go with the T/M's the first gen is cheaper... You can check out this thread for more ideas...

http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=48318
load ranges can never be to much. they higher the load range the more weight it can carry

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:thxthanks but no thanks on the wally world specials elementkidd. iv talked to some other local tire dealers and 2 that i have spoken with have mentioned the mastercraft courser at has anyone used these im really thinking about gettin these in a 255/65/17

·
Registered
48 Posts
:thxthanks but no thanks on the wally world specials elementkidd. iv talked to some other local tire dealers and 2 that i have spoken with have mentioned the mastercraft courser at has anyone used these im really thinking about gettin these in a 255/65/17
honestly you should stick with a name brand. yeah people say you pay for the name. but really with tires you pay for what you get. the more money you spend the better and typicaly longer lasting tire you get. a good all terrain style tire is the goodyear wrangler silent armor. also the yokahama geolander ats is another good one. another tire that is mroe of a highway tire is the yokahama geolander hts. off brands tend to wear quickly and end up dry rotting and coming apart. go check out discount tire. i work there. always have good deals going on and will price match just about anywhere. just my :m2:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:m2:well spent yea idk what i was thinkin about the off brands i guess i was just wanting to get somethin cheap and have them mounted before i gave it any thought. ill look at those u mentioned and i am also gonna look at the ltx a/s

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
114 Posts
The mastercraft tire label is a cooper tire. They are made and shipped from the cooper plant in finaly, ohio. I have used them several times on several vehicles and no problem. just my opinion, you know wants that means.:m2:

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,236 Posts
load ranges can never be to much. they higher the load range the more weight it can carry
Tires with E-rated load ranges will never ride well or wear well on a Trailblazer-sized vehicle -- unless you are carrying Roadie's off-road load. :hail:

The more plies, the shorter the tire life. Heat is the biggest enemy of tire wear, and with additional plies, more heat is built up in the tire from internal friction.

Use the right range tire for the vehicle.

As far as brands, I love my Cooper ATR. They ride great, have awesome traction, do REALLY well on wet roads or in the soft/wet snow we get here in Louisville (our roads are very slick -- almost polished from the traffic and oil, so anything wet is nasty -- accidents all over the place), and they are reasonable in price. USA made, also. I'm running 255-65-16.

·
Registered
48 Posts
The mastercraft tire label is a cooper tire. They are made and shipped from the cooper plant in finaly, ohio. I have used them several times on several vehicles and no problem. just my opinion, you know wants that means.:m2:
you make a good point. i work at discount tire. ill give you an example. Goodyear a well know and reputable tire manufacture makes an "off brand" SA4. yes they are made at the Goodyear plant. however they are of a lot cheaper construction and have a hell of a lot more problems. another example. Michelin makes Uniroyal. again another off brand still made in the Michelin factory. however with cheaper construction more problems. so yes it may be made by cooper but its not the same quality as other cooper tires. which isn't very high in the first place. coopers suck IMO

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
:iagree:which is why i am goin with the yokohama geolandar at-s 255/65/17. they look great have great reviews and are a s*** load cheaper than the michelin ltx a/s. pics will come after they are installed (hopefully monday)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.