Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '02 TB and am in the process of demolding it. I have currently only removed the rear passenger mold. I now have the problem of removing the lines that appaer after removing the adhesive. I have washed it scrubbed it and put some elbow grease to it. They are still there. They don't seem to be scratches as they have lightened up a bit. If anyone has any answers please help!

Attachments

·
Banned
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
2,006 Posts
Yea a good buff will take um right out.. I had the same issues with my SS... when we removed the "tralblazer" and bowtie from the rear lift gate, the outlines were still there.. but my brother works at a body shop, so he jus buffed the truck for me...

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input Blazin and Boriqua. I'll give polishing compound and a good buff next weekend and post the results!:woohoo:

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
115 Posts
your door was repainted...when they repainted the door they didnt take the moldings off they just taped around it. I have the same thing. My friends dad owns a body shop and he told me we would have to sand it out and re-clear the door

·
Banned
2006 chevy
1,659 Posts
your door was repainted...when they repainted the door they didnt take the moldings off they just taped around it. I have the same thing. My friends dad owns a body shop and he told me we would have to sand it out and re-clear the door
:no: All 4 of my doors had lines just like those. They'll come off with a little buffing.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
115 Posts
:no: All 4 of my doors had lines just like those. They'll come off with a little buffing.
wow...3 outta 4 doors on my truck were clean when i took them off but the one door was bad

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nope, I'm the only owner of mine and never had it painted. I love the green color of it. I was finally able to get the lines buffed and polished out. Here are the results. I also debadged it and it looks great now.

Attachments

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cool pumpkins on the step!
The polishing job I did was THAT good huh? did you notice the tipped over McDonald's cup right next to the step?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
must be dangerous in texas with the bears sign on the back after they beat the cowboys...
Gosh, I hear it all the time when I stop for gas or at a stop light. I am a true Bears fan though.

·
Registered
chevy
287 Posts
sounds like it's time to tint up the windows and maybe get those lower rockers painted.... btw i don't mean too...:hijacked but does anyone who a good place other than the stealership that sells the smooth ones for painting??? I can't find anything....

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
sounds like it's time to tint up the windows and maybe get those lower rockers painted.... btw i don't mean too...:hijacked but does anyone who a good place other than the stealership that sells the smooth ones for painting??? I can't find anything....
I'm not too sure what a lower rocker is. Are you talking about the grey thing that is just below the doors and runs from wheel to wheel? If so, I actually like the look ( other than the wax that I got on the driver side) and wouldn't want to paint it the same color as the truck. If I painted those I'd have to paint the grey stuff on the bumper too and I don't think it would look good :m2:

·
Registered
chevy
287 Posts
see i just got the 06 lt rear bumper for mine so that is why i want to get the smooth ones and paint em up.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
TBUAV, got any pics of the '06 bumper on your ride?

·
Registered
chevy
287 Posts
Not yet.....:( its sitting in the garage next to the new front cover with fog light cut outs waiting to be painted...hopefully sometime this week...

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Keep us updated and post the results. I just went outside and removed the cross members of the luggage rack. As soon as I get some plugs, I will remove the rest of the rack too!

·
Registered
chevy
287 Posts
I like that look, my mom has an ss and with the oversize rims lower suspension and no roof rack it really looks aggressive. check out Viual Perfecti he just did something with some caps and paint and took his rack off it looks good

1 - 20 of 22 Posts