Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Sometime they're in the classifieds. Sometimes you'll find them on Ebay. Some folks have just found the part numbers in a search (or a look under our Resources pull-down tab) and bought them from discount on-line GM retailers. It's relatively rare that somebody has them and removes them, though.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,708 Posts
If you do not mind not having orig. equipment then visit your local loggers supply. There should be one close to you in Wa. That way you should also get the keeper clip on it. (I think that is what it is called, maybe safety clip)

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,708 Posts
I see your point Roadie. I just got off the ground looking at mine and it would take a bit of fabbing to get something welded to the frame. I have factory but never looked at the attachment point of the tow hooks.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Oh, that reminds me of a painfully stupid mod I did when first starting out. I thought I needed some hooks (Envoys don't have the factory hook option because of the bumper design). So I bolted them to the radiator skid plate! Facing DOWNWARDS! :rolleyes: :hopeless :weird:

First hit on some compacted sand on a trail hill, and the skid plate pushed the radiator bottom back and the fan jammed to the shroud. No cooling unless I was facing into the wind! Had to get a tug from a Jeep buddy, since there were no other tug points to tie a strap to. I was such a noob. :sadcry:

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
916 Posts
I'm sure he's talking about the frame mounted ones (item 9 in this drwg) that are GM -only parts. If you take down the part numbers, don't forget the bolts (#5)

http://www.compnine.com/index.php?u...delid=7132&capuid=1&majorgroup=07&grouptype=B

:hijacked
Roadie,
Don't you just love compnine! :woot: I'm continually getting info and part numbers from them. Jason offered me a discount for making a few recommendations about improving the search engine, but I still haven't ordered anything from them. I find that the parts are less expensive from the dealer in Dubai than from compnine. Don't get me wrong, compnine has great prices, but for some reason GM is cheaper over here. Also I don't have to pay the shipping. On another note, I recently met the Manager of GM Parts Middle East Distribution. We are meeting for coffee tomorrow and will arrange a visit to the Distribution Center in Dubai. Sorry about hijacking the thread. :bonk:

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
374 Posts
Just thought I'd revive this thread because I NEED FRONT TOW HOOKS TOO!! and I need them quickly. Oregtrailblazin, did you ever get rid of yours?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts