Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been a housewife for a long time and I don’t want to return to my old job. But it became boring for me to be just a mother and a wife, I want to try myself in something that brings money and will be to my liking. My friend is a realtor and she offered me the place of a photographer. I was fond of photography when I was in college and I really liked it. But I never photographed real estate before. I would like to try, but I don’t want my friend’s work to suffer from non-professional shots. Any tips?

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
472 Posts
I have been a housewife for a long time and I don’t want to return to my old job. But it became boring for me to be just a mother and a wife, I want to try myself in something that brings money and will be to my liking. My friend is a realtor and she offered me the place of a photographer. I was fond of photography when I was in college and I really liked it. But I never photographed real estate before. I would like to try, but I don’t want my friend’s work to suffer from non-professional shots. Any tips?
A Digital SLR will work great, and for getting good inside shots you will need a wide angle lens. Currently I have a Nikon D7000 with a Sigma 10 - 20 mm wide angle lens. A good lens for regular outside photos would be one on the 18 to 100 mm range. The best advice I can offer you is not to look for advice here. A good photography website will help you more.

To give you an idea of how well these wide angle lens work, I could stand right in front of you and get a picture of your entire body. Great for showing all of a room.

And then this shot. I was standing right at the steps and got all the building.

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
340 Posts
It depends on your location and the level of service your real-estate agent expects. Last year I sold a house in semi-rural Illinois and all that was needed was, as indicated, a good camera with a wide-angle lens. But if you want to sell where I am now you better have full 360 degree video and overlays. In other words, the required equipment may cost a few hundred dollars or tens of thousands depending on the requirements of the market.

Go to a site such as Zillow and look at the agents websites with houses and businesses being offered in your area. If you can take pictures as good as those, go for it. But don't just take your friend's word that you are good enough unless they are willing to pay you up front with no guarantees the photography will sell the property. Good enough isn't good enough. You have to be as good as the best in the market or it will turn into a temp job.

·
Registered
24 Posts
You could ask your friend for the photos of the person who was photographing houses before you. This should help you decide whether you can handle it or not. There are also many forums and websites for professional photographers. My friend recently chose a tripod, she found an article dedicated to a tripod for photographing real estate, here https://threeleggedtech.com/best-tripod-for-real-estate-photography it is. On the Internet there are many tips on what equipment is best to choose, which angles are more advantageous for houses or cars. The most important thing is to have a desire to deal with it. I think that if you want to get this vacancy, then you will succeed. I think it will be easier for you to deal with it, because you liked to take pictures before. You know the basics of good photography. I wish you good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts