Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some advice. 05tb 84458 miles I been looking at threads for hrs. I have cleaned the tb twice thinking it was bad I replaced it WRONG ANSWER 158 bones wasted. the vic is still surging at low speed about 20-25 mph. The RPMs fluxuate aprx 300RPMs +or- the normal RPM for this speed which is about 1100 RPM. At higher speeds it boggs down like its towing a Tank. If I mash the peddle it picks up. The battery was unhook for the 2 cleaning for more than 30 min. The battery was unhooked for the new tb for 1.5 hrs. I have no codes. It doesn't matter if the A/C is on or off. It does it about 50% of the time. Highway speeds hardly never. Im looking at changing the plug to 41-103 and the cam pos solenoid. ANY ADVICE IS WELCOME before I spend a lot of $$$$$ on stuff I don't need.:confused:

·
Registered
chevy trailblazer_ls
9 Posts
does it stall in idle or maybe hesitate when u pull away from a red light mine does all this plus around 40 mph i have to really give it some gas like u said. when i back out of my driveway normally i dont even have to press the gas now it seems like i have to push it down qute a bit just to back out. got a code but it had nothin to do with it. u replyed on mine when u find your answer let me know what it was thanks

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
142 Posts
get the voltage on the alt and battery read, u can do it at autozone and its free. theres not to much eles I can think of as far as testing goes with out a ses light. some scaners can look into history codes. It could also be a cloged cat. when did it start doing this? was it just after you unhooked the battery the first time? it can also be a fuel pump not producing enough psi. im sure u can get that checked but for now hit the bottom of your gas tank with a base ball bat about 10 times with the ignition in run but not on, then start your truck and see if it runs any better. theses are just free ideas that could possibly work.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fix for now

1st I ran the seafoam cleaner( $9.99 at Autozone)BEFORE CHANGING PLUGS. Next I disconnected the battery. And then I cleaned the Cam position solenoid. After that I replaced the plugs with Delco 41-103 ($6.99 each at Autozone). I was runnin a K&N filter, Replaced it with a regular one from Autzone $14.99. It ran kinda crappy for about 15 mins, after that it's runnin fine. I drove it for about 1.5 hrs it town 40mph and on the hwy 60mph Ilike to drive fast so it was 70-75. It seems that my issues are resolved at the moment. I'll keep everybody posted. :woot:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
POS

All of the stuff from the last post worked for a few days. It's slightly better but now it idles about 1000.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts