Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
6,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so after starting the lift but getting cut off my the meet i finished it off today...

but first the befores

and now the after...

specifications now.... this is to the top of the wheel wells

---------------before-----after-----difference
drivers front-----33"-------35"----------2"
pass front-------32.25"-----35"---------2.75"
driver rear-------33.5"-----37.25"-------3.75"
pass rear--------34.25"-----37.75"-------3.5"

so yes a bigg difference...

for anyone looking do do this here are some tips.... penetrating oil (or as roadie said start spraying the parts a week or so before every day), air tools (doing it all by hand will tire u out and fast), cut off tool (i used a dremel cause the top nut on the strut would not come off).

and luis the couldnt get a pic of the strut... the part was rusted to one piece and it just bent when i hit it with the hammer...

·
Registered
6,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks james... mud/all terrains will be coming soon... tires are getting low on tread... still trying to find 16" black wheels in our pattern with a 5.5" back spacing minimum... but once i get the body lift it will all come together then..

bds spacer kit only shipped to me from Harmon 4 wheel $about 300
front bilstein HD shocks form shockwarehouse $about 120
Avalanche shock and springs shipped off EBay $70
blood, sweat, and dirt $Free
someone asking for a ladder to get into your truck $Priceless

so a total of 500 maybe... i need to replace the shocks... they were orginal with over 100k+ on them... so i only really spent abotu 300 on extra items... :D and thanks :thumbsup: u inspired me to finish... not to mention if i didnt use ur idea on how to mount it... i wouldnt have been able to get out of the garage :dielaugh:

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
it looks good i will have to use some PB and not do what happened to you!! :raspberry i like it now you need to do the 3" body lift:thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it looks good i will have to use some PB and not do what happened to you!! :raspberry i like it now you need to do the 3" body lift:thumbsup:
yea that mite wait till i finish my welding classes... so instead of spending hours trying to get the stock bumpers to fit i'll just make some new ones...

and yes that added on about an half hour to the build...

oh and when u do the back side... it says to do th epassenger side first... but i had to disconnect the upper control arms on both sides to get the springs in with the spacers...

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
4,125 Posts
Looks good Joe. Just need them big tires now. How big you planning on?

and luis the couldnt get a pic of the strut... the part was rusted to one piece and it just bent when i hit it with the hammer...
damn... go BOB on it :dielaugh:

looks like your truck is all crooked. before and after. Is the driveway straight and are all te tires equal pressure? It's just that it's kinda a bog diffrence left to right

·
Registered
6,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks good Joe. Just need them big tires now. How big you planning on?

damn... go BOB on it :dielaugh:

looks like your truck is all crooked. before and after. Is the driveway straight and are all te tires equal pressure? It's just that it's kinda a bog diffrence left to right
yea i'll try BOB on him after class... lol... dunno yet but icant get the tired till i get the rims... and the driveway is not the best plus i proably had the camera tilted..

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
254 Posts
NIce man. Its about time. Looks great man. Hey why don't you take pics of the driver's side........LOL. PS-Go back to work.

·
Registered
6,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks everyone... this is how it should have been form the factoryt.. it actually feels like a truck now....

NIce man. Its about time. Looks great man. Hey why don't you take pics of the driver's side........LOL. PS-Go back to work.
i do have pictures of the driver side... i just dont post them... plus the house is in the way... and i will be back at work tomorrow... feel free to stop by if u see the truck parked out front and just knock on the warehouse door..

·
Registered
804 Posts
thanks james... mud/all terrains will be coming soon... tires are getting low on tread... still trying to find 16" black wheels in our pattern with a 5.5" back spacing minimum... but once i get the body lift it will all come together then..
You could get this really Cheap black Krylon wheels:D
Just a thought if you liked the stock wheels and just wanted something black. But aside from that the next cheapest would be the good ole wagon wheels $49 a wheel at pepboys. But there are plenty of good looking black wheels out there.

Looks good though:thumbsup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts