Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 02 Tb will start up then putt itself till it turns off. It has a new fuel pump,and crank position sensor. Took it to dealer and they said my pcm was bad and they want $720 to fix. Not sure that's what the problem really is.My Tb has been sitting for over a month.Can anyone offer some insight? I'm lost without my Tb :(

·
Vendor
2007 chevy
486 Posts
My 02 Tb will start up then putt itself till it turns off. It has a new fuel pump,and crank position sensor. Took it to dealer and they said my pcm was bad and they want $720 to fix. Not sure that's what the problem really is.My Tb has been sitting for over a month.Can anyone offer some insight? I'm lost without my Tb :(

We can sell you a PCM with your calibration on it for much less than that.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Google is your friend

I found the following with the help of a google search:

from http://www.automotiveforums.com/t929474-p0606_code_04_envoy_4_2_liter.html

"On rare occasions, a SES light and a Reduced Engine Power Message may be experienced due a DTC P0606 DTC. This may be due to the software and calibration not being optimum for all driving conditions.If a Reduced Engine Power Message is not present right now and the P0606 is just a history DTC, reprogram the PCM with the latest calibrations.If the P0606 is resetting, perform the P0606 diagnosis.if reprogramming does not fix it,replace the ecm."

-- Dan Meyer :coffee

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
286 Posts
Why wouldn't this problem be related to this statement? "It has a new fuel pump,and crank position sensor."

Wouldn't an issue with the crank position sensor cause this engine issue?
I know the code isn't pointing to this but if you only look at the code complaint and not what is causing it you will end up with a hole scratched in your head.

Why were these parts replaced?

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
678 Posts
If it is the PCM, im with Kelly on this. I found a bad PCM in a Bravada last year. There is a ribbon cable in the older style PCM's that contact pins on a circuit board. There was a broken piece inside and the ribbon cable was not contacting in the correct place. Instead of a $700+ PCM, I ordered a tuned PCM from PCMforless for A LOT less, and the customer was in his glee driving away with a working vehicle and a few extra ponies to play with.
But then like it was said above, when were the fuel pump and the CPS replaced?

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
40 Posts
funny....

Got this one earlier this evening.

Sounds like it happened to me much like other folks...

Start Engine (A/C is on, that pump thing that makes a lot of noise runs for around 30 seconds or w/e)

Plug in iPod
Waiting on better half to get to vehicle.
She gets in.
Vehicle dies, will not restart. SES and REP lights on.
Turn key to OFF, turn back to Start, vehicle starts, SES light on.

Drive 40 miles. Discuss possible O2 sensor and talking GF into a complete exhaust change to replace o2 sensor :)
Stop at AutoZone, pulls code P0606, quotes me $400ish w/ core swap for new ECM. Girlfriend freaks.
I tell her all is well, we have friends on TrailVoy that will help solve the problem.
I type this post... pondering whether its time for that tune.

I don't know software versions in the truck. I don't mind sending the PCM off for tune if that will keep me out of a dealer's shop.

Maybe P0606 affects a random TB daily...

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
56 Posts
If it is the PCM, im with Kelly on this. I found a bad PCM in a Bravada last year. There is a ribbon cable in the older style PCM's that contact pins on a circuit board. There was a broken piece inside and the ribbon cable was not contacting in the correct place. Instead of a $700+ PCM, I ordered a tuned PCM from PCMforless for A LOT less, and the customer was in his glee driving away with a working vehicle and a few extra ponies to play with.
But then like it was said above, when were the fuel pump and the CPS replaced?
I have been receiving this code for the past 2 years. Just turn the vehicle off then it restarts just fine. However, its just a nuisance. Just wondering if sending my current PCM to pcmforless.com (through the send in program) will fix the issue or would I have to completly buy a new one from them. I would really like to eliminate having to go through the hassle of a security and CASE relearn, if possible.
If thats my only option, would a basic body shop be able to perform this and would I be able to drive (to the body shop) without it relearning?

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
56 Posts
P0306 is misfire for cylinder 6. P0300 is random misfire and P0301 through P0306 indicates a specific cylinder.
So a P0306 has nothing to do with the PCM. This post is about the P0606 code. Sorry to bust your bubble :D

Any ideas if a PCM4less upgrade will solve the problem of a P0606 code, or will I have to get a new PCM from PCM4less. Just trying to figure out which option I need to choose. That website seems to be the cheapest route.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
So a P0306 has nothing to do with the PCM. This post is about the P0606 code. Sorry to bust your bubble :D

Any ideas if a PCM4less upgrade will solve the problem of a P0606 code, or will I have to get a new PCM from PCM4less. Just trying to figure out which option I need to choose. That website seems to be the cheapest route.
I know. I put that in because the person who posted above me made a very confusing post. I clarified what the 300, 301-306 codes were so anybody doing a search through the archives would know what was going on.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts