Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a brand new spohn panhard bar and I went ahead and lowered the truck and put the wheels back on.

The axle sits centered from what I can tell at most it may be 1/4-1/2" different.....Why in the heck did I buy this bar for?

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
when you lower it with the stock panhard the axle shifts to the passenger side..

with the adjustable one you can center the axle back in line

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
:iagree:

yeah what he said!! LOL......

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a brand new spohn panhard bar and I went ahead and lowered the truck and put the wheels back on.

The axle sits centered from what I can tell at most it may be 1/4-1/2" different.....Why in the heck did I buy this bar for?
when you lower it with the stock panhard the axle shifts to the passenger side..

with the adjustable one you can center the axle back in line
Can you read?

It clearly states I have already lowered it and that it cant be off more then 1/4-1/2" off center. It seems a bit crazy to put a new bar in there to correct 1/4 of of centerness.....IF it is even off center.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
1/2" bothers a lot of folks if they don't like crabbing down the street when they think they're driving straight. It's a tracking issue. May affect tire wear and alignment.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1/2" doesnt seem like it could mean much, I guess I was under the impression that it was going to sit 2 inches sideways or something.

I mean I have the bar here, so I may as well put it on.....just figured it was pointless after I seen it lowered.

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
The reason I got the bar is 1......suggestion from the other members....I wanted to do my suspension the proper way...also last year I noticed when I had my 22's it looked uneven when you looked at it on the side...........I didn't like the way it looked and found out getting the panhard bar corrects the issue......I bought mine from suicidedoors.com....if you don't think its any use I bet there are guys on this forum site that would be willing to buy it from you!

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
yes I can read.. I did pass the 4th grade for ****s sake.. :raspberry

but yeah I am lowered 4 inches in the rear and my axle sat and still sits about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch to the passenger side.. I just havent gone down to fiddle with it yet

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
4,125 Posts
1/2" doesnt seem like it could mean much, I guess I was under the impression that it was going to sit 2 inches sideways or something.

I mean I have the bar here, so I may as well put it on.....just figured it was pointless after I seen it lowered.
sitting still it may only be 1/2" but when your driving down the road and the suspension compresses it goes farther to the right. The bar will recenter you back to factory "spec" same way the DJM control arms bring camber and balljoint angle back to factory. Look through my panhard bar thread and you will see how bad MY truck was. I hung string on the fenders and you can see 3/4"gap on one side and the wheel was pushing the string outwards on the other side. so maybe 1" possible more. Just imagine when my suspension compressed. I could possibly have had 1.5" or more of total shift.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sitting still it may only be 1/2" but when your driving down the road and the suspension compresses it goes farther to the right. The bar will recenter you back to factory "spec" same way the DJM control arms bring camber and balljoint angle back to factory. Look through my panhard bar thread and you will see how bad MY truck was. I hung string on the fenders and you can see 3/4"gap on one side and the wheel was pushing the string outwards on the other side. so maybe 1" possible more. Just imagine when my suspension compressed. I could possibly have had 1.5" or more of total shift.
For the record, when he speaks I listen!

I put it on the other day and adjusted it as best as I could with my primative measuring tools. I will take it in this following week for a 4 wheel alignment. Just waiting for a day off work and to get the rear shocks on.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
33 Posts
ill be dropping my tb 2in in the rear and 1 in the front do you think ill need the panhard bar or djm upper arms for the this drop?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You asked the question and he answered your question correctly. Why the ***ing attitude?:m2:
it was totally a misread by me, i took it in a different way then he was trying to apply it..

But thanks for trying to add drama to the forum, glad to have people like you here.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts