Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

I Got A Flat

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  rbarrios 
#1 ·
Well I woke up this morning to a flat tire. Could someone please tell me how to get to the jack and stuff under the back seat? I cant figure out how to move the back seat to get to this stuff. I read how to lower the tire already with a search but I cant figure out how to lower the back seat at all. I have a 03 Trailblazer LS.

#3 ·
OK I got the tools from under the seat to lower the spare but it is just hanging. That little piece is rusted and I cant figure out how to get it loose to lower it all the way. I read the threads hear and the manual but I am still confused.

#5 ·
Thanks!

Ok I changed the tire, not that hard at all once I got it down.
The first time I lowered the tire it was hanging. I pulled the cord down like 6" and it still was hanging high. So I raised the tire back up. Once I lowered it down a 2nd time it went all the way to the ground and I got the tire out. After that it was easy.

#9 ·
lesson learned the hard way.
Good thing this happened at home and not on the road.
For you guys in the rust belt....
raise and lower that mechanism several times a year. Lube it well too.
Im in so california- no rust.... yet I lower, wash the tire, and raise it 2 times a year...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.