Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xl
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Moderators please sticky this post.

Look at # 38 on the list below the map....
Http://parts.nalleygmc.com/products...-Wheel-Drive-Axle-Shaft/2631191/12471618.html

I looked all day for this part, parts4chevys .com either doesnt have it or I couldnt find it. NAPA cant even order it. And the chevy dealership guys can Kiss My A**. So here it is for anyone who tore thier old ladys car down to fix it and ran to the store and got the wrong part now shes staring at you typing on the computer instead of out in the garage fixing her car. :thx:suicide::duh:

·
Banned
chevy
1,091 Posts
Moderators please sticky this post.

Look at # 38 on the list below the map....
Http://parts.nalleygmc.com/products...-Wheel-Drive-Axle-Shaft/2631191/12471618.html

I looked all day for this part, parts4chevys .com either doesnt have it or I couldnt find it. NAPA cant even order it. And the chevy dealership guys can Kiss My A**. So here it is for anyone who tore thier old ladys car down to fix it and ran to the store and got the wrong part now shes staring at you typing on the computer instead of out in the garage fixing her car. :thx:suicide::duh:
I don't want to detract, but I was under the impression that it's pretty common knowledge that this is a dealer only part. The part number is floating around here too. My local dealer's parts counter keeps a couple in regular stock.

Most parts shops have the S10 Blazer unit listed as applying for our trucks, which it doesn't.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
102 Posts
Don't want to burst your bubble or anything, but there are currently 12 (now 13) threads with the part number (12471618). It's $10 from online GM parts stores.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xl
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep.

Can we sticky the part number or the cheapest place to buy this seal. I didnt read the "dealer only part" post till today. Rock auto sent me the wrong one today. I had to wait 2 days for it to get here. It seems like it would be a good sticky for anyone doing a search on here.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
916 Posts
And the chevy dealership guys can Kiss My A**.
Seems odd the Chevy dealer would tell you to kiss off. I bought mine from Lorn Berg Chevrolet in Newberg. Same price you paid (14.81). Stands to reason since both sources are GM dealers. Lorn Berg had them in stock. No waiting, no shipping charges.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xl
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Id rather wait...

The guys at this chevy dealership look at me like i have a burger hanging out of my nose, thier attitude sucks. So ill be checking to see if theres a dealership close by like vegas or phoenix who can ship it to me. It will piss off the old lady but its the principle of the matter. I wont support ignorance... Check this out-->http://www.tbssowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46648

·
Banned
chevy
1,091 Posts
Seems odd the Chevy dealer would tell you to kiss off. I bought mine from Lorn Berg Chevrolet in Newberg. Same price you paid (14.81). Stands to reason since both sources are GM dealers. Lorn Berg had them in stock. No waiting, no shipping charges.

:iagree:

14.61 is the MSRP for the seal, so that's what it should cost from any dealer parts counter. GMPD MAY have it a dollar cheaper (doubtful after shipping) and you get to wait a week.

No-brainer here.

·
Banned
chevy
1,091 Posts
The guys at this chevy dealership look at me like i have a burger hanging out of my nose, thier attitude sucks. So ill be checking to see if theres a dealership close by like vegas or phoenix who can ship it to me. It will piss off the old lady but its the principle of the matter. I wont support ignorance... Check this out-->http://www.tbssowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46648

Do you have a burger hanging out of your nose? I've never met a dealer parts counter that wasn't happy to take my money. Or happy to look up a part on their exploded charts like the ones you can find at www.compnine.com. The charts that, incidentally, list the exact part number you need. :)

...and what's the relevance of the link to your post?

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
We normally consider threads for sticky-worthiness if they have a LOT more information than one part number. Imagine how silly the forums would look with 42 sticked threads in each one.

But the fundamental, most important, number one reason why this thread will never get stickied is that the information is trivially discovered in a search. :hopeless

1 - 10 of 10 Posts