Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone - Hope this is in the right place
Thanks for creating this awesome forum and meeting the wonderful people here. I am looking to get a 2021 Chevrolet Trailblazer vehicle and I am looking to the community to check if there is anything I should be looking out for while doing my inspection.

Things I will be looking out for are
coolant or oil leads
Weird noises coming from the engine
check the transmission for slips and jolt
verify all the electronics are working properly

They asking price is $22,900 and it has 14750 miles with a Salvage Title.

If you guys have any suggestions on what to check.
Looking forward to joining this family, thanks
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Car Vehicle Gear shift Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Premium Member
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
3,001 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

The 2021 TrailBlazer is a whole different animal than the 2002 - 2009 TrailVoy platform and apart from the name, they do not share anything. I am unsure if anyone on here evens owns one of the new TrailBlazers.

Because the vehicle has a salvage title, you really should get the vehicle inspected by a shop that is familiar with this new TrailBlazer platform. Make sure that the shop you choose has the diagnostic equipment available to plug into the vehicle and communicate with all of the various modules that undoubtedly communicate with one another.

You need to find out what happened to the vehicle such that it has a salvage title. Also, you might want to invest in getting a CarCheck or CarFax on the vehicle to see what the previous owner did to the vehicle in terms of maintenance, repairs, etc. Are you going to pay cash for the vehicle or are you going to finance it? The loan company might have a policy regarding vehicles with salvage titles. Also, check with your state's Department of Motor Vehicles.

A salvage title can mean many different things. In some cases it is because the vehicle was involved in a serious accident with air bag deployment and the cost to repair it exceeded some percentage set by the insurance company, so they totaled it. In other cases, the vehicle might have been stolen, the interior trashed with various damages to the interior and the insurance company wasn't sure if they could restore it to like new condition, so they totaled the vehicle (this happened to me).

Be sure the shop looks at the usual items/systems and takes the vehicle for a decent test drive in order to further evaluate the engine, transmission and brakes.

You might need to spend a few hundred dollars to get this accomplished. Also check with your insurance carrier to see if there are any problems with insuring a vehicle with a salvage title. Now if whom ever is selling this vehicle gives you any static over your having the vehicle inspected by an independent shop that you are engaging, RUN, do not walk, away from the vehicle because they are likely hiding something.

Good Luck!

·
Premium Member
2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LTZ 4.2L
303 Posts
Thanks for creating this awesome forum and meeting the wonderful people here. I am looking to get a 2021 Chevrolet Trailblazer vehicle and I am looking to the community to check if there is anything I should be looking out for while doing my inspection.

coolant or oil leads

View attachment 60161
View attachment 60162
View attachment 60163
Trailblazer Forum would be better suited for this.

·
Premium Member
'05 Chevy TB EXT
5,138 Posts

coolant or oil leads

View attachment 60161
View attachment 60162
View attachment 60163
Are you speaking of a 2021 Trail Blazer?

Funny ---- I checked WIKI and the only TB in production even near that 2021 date is the South Korean version of something that is CALLED a TB --- but it is unibody and not full framed.

The tail lights are part of the engine mounts and the horn button, That's what unibody is.

It is a shadow of the original Colorado-based TBs in that it cannot tow much more than a suitcase --a small suitcase in a very light trailer.

From WIKI: "Developed by GM Korea, the Trailblazer is assembled in Incheon, South Korea while the Chinese market model is produced in Yantai, Shandong, China by SAIC-GM.

L, LS, and LT front-wheel-drive models came standard with the 1.2-liter three-cylinder turbocharged gasoline engine, while LS and LT all-wheel-drive models include the larger 1.3-liter three-cylinder turbocharged gasoline engine.

The latter is also optional on the LT front-wheel-drive. All RS and Activ models, regardless of drivetrain, include the 1.3-liter engine as standard equipment.

All FWD Trailblazers are equipped with continuously variable transmission as standard. AWD versions come with a 9-speed automatic. "

1. Pushing a 3-cylinder 1.2 or 1.3L mouse-motor with a turbo in a vainglorious attempt to get enough horsepower to actually pull your hat off in a 45 MPH gale, would be a trick. Engine life is severely cut short by boosting these small engines beyond their normal ability.​
PS --- I have lawnmower engines larger than this, but without the turbos​
2. On the AWD versions, the CVT is still in "experimental mode" and YOU are the test pilot. Be warned.​
The "platform" - if one can call it a platform as it has no frame --- is a VSS for the vehicle you mentioned ... which I believe has to be the Korean version, built for larger American <ahem> waistlines and rather rotund Koreans, not the svelte, "emaciated-look" in the Japanese culture (my unwoke opinion only) ....​
VSS-F is to be GM's primary front-wheel drive platform, considered a successor to the Gamma, Delta, and Epsilon platforms. It is planned to underpin many subcompact to fullsize cars as well as GM's smaller crossovers in the future, a pattern established by the first models to use it, the Chevrolet Trailblazer and Buick Encore GX.

Of the four, this platform has the most developed implementation plan, with three variants already established:
*NOTE: To help compensate for the mouse-motor, GM Indonesea uses a 9-speed transmission to help keep the engine "on the boil" at or near to it's best-power RPM.

▌This High RPM Sweet-Spot also contributes greatly to the short life of internal engine components like piston rings, valves and especially their seats as they get hammered constantly --- and crankshaft bearings and making not only the correct oil, but sufficient flow of same as ABSOLUTELY REQUIRED at all times.
▌Foreshortened (read: early and constant) oil changes are sincerely indicated with dashboard warnings of impending engine Armageddon if these limits are exceeded.

Anecdotally ---> one might hear of these powerplants (a loosely accredited name for a mouse-motor) ----> going/running/living for more than 1/2 million miles --- but I suggest they are being towed by a real Trail Blazer, from destination-to-destination.

... and at one point in my most misguided year (five years ago) I was actually looking to get one of these Fake Trailblazers for my wife. The salesman thought it was not a good trade ... I came to my senses and backed out too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts