Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will change the compressor with 2006 model
Is there any advice or guidance? Change the filter? Is there a need for washing and cleaning the whole system ?

I request you to help me even in the simple things .
I will replace it in a local service center ..
What about the pressure ? and the quantity and type of oil used?
Things simple and primitive to the experts, but I wish to learn these simple things
thank you very mutch

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, ghoster.
Did you mean get all the gas pipes outside the car and then clean it?
Is it possible to clean iside the pipes without taking them out of the car?
By high-pressure or something like that?
I do not know if there is a need to clean the pipes or not?

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
... I wish to learn these simple things
We understand, and sincerely appreciate people who want to learn all about the systems on their new vehicle.

But AC systems are different, and much more complex, and can be very badly damaged if the proper procedures and exact fluids (refrigerant and oil) aren't used in the exact amount required. The vacuum purge procedure needs precision and patience to execute, as does the pipe flush/clean process.

The AC section of the shop manual is a hundred pages. And it assumes the technician has been trained and certified in automotive AC systems.

So that's why the forums of trailvoy.com aren't a suitable classroom for systems like the AC system. You need a local teacher to train you with your hands on the vehicle. Not a web site. The tools are expensive enough that almost nobody owns them except the professionals who work on AC systems every day.

It's a lot like asking us how to rebuild your automatic transmission. You wil not find those instructions here, and it's not because we're bad guys trying to withold things from you. It's just way beyond what the Internet is capable of teaching in a half hour.

If somebody says the AC system on any vehicle is simple, then THERE'S the person you need to train you. I don't believe anybody here is going to claim AC systems are simple.

Have you gone to a library to read a book on AC system repair? Googled for web sites on AC system repair? Start there, and then see if you want to do the job yourself, knowing how much the compressor could cost if you damage it.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ooooooooh :)

I think you did not understand me -and- did not understand the purpose of the question

I have no possibility to do this work myself and I do not want the - some experience- to repair by myself , but I want to know some basics on the oil and pressure only ... Sir, I have take the car went to the ac service center - which will work and he will replace the compressror ..

I do not have the tools, and experience, and I do not have my own workshop, and do not have the courage to do such a huge operation like replacing ac compressor by my self .. The largest work I have done is cleaning the throttle body ..

But I liked to have some information and advice to keep to myself and talking with the workshop man ,
I have purchased a used compressor for 300$ and just i need some information about the differences between the tb compressor and any other compressor ( oil, pressure)

I Do not ask any one on this topic or any other topic to guarantees the answers or the work .. " as some one have said" does not bring a result of my mistakes.
these sites build for knowledge and information and experience sharing ... Thanks to any one work to help -or try- another people ...

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,708 Posts
You might want to do a Google search on automotive air conditioning systems. 134A is a condensable gas. Put it under pressure and it gets hot, remove the heat and it turns to a liquid. Allow it to go from a liquid to a gas, under controlled conditions and it absorbs heat. The oil is there to keep the compressor lubricated. Compressor to the condensor, to the receiver/dryer, to the orifice tube, to the evaporator, back to the compressor. Round and round and round,,,, etc. That is it in a nutshell. Again, try a Google search.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.