Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
saab
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pieced together my own 4" intake (minus the MAFS) last night. I wanted to keep my factory washer reservoir, stock air lid, and uncut engine cover. Here are some pics of the intake and reservoir... (It started raining today so didn't get a chance to put the tube through the reservoir. For now it sits over the reservoir. Should have it all done tomorrow tho.) So far I've spent about $175. Ceramic coating was about $30. I bought most of it on ebay from seller superhighvelocity. Some stuff I found on airflo.com like the straight tubing.

Stage 1 intake is everything after the MAFS to throttle body.

Silicone 90° Elbow Coupler 4" Hose (I cut one end to make the elbow shorter so engine cover will fit) - $28
Straight Aluminum Intake tubing 4" (less than 1 foot, I cut to fit) - $7.40
Silicone 45° Elbow Coupling 4" Hose (I cut one end shorter to fit on MAFS) - $25
Vacuum hose will be custom fitted with a nipple on the tube (autozone)

Stage 2 intake...

Silicone 90° Elbow Coupler 4" Hose (I cut one end to make the elbow shorter so engine cover will fit) - $28
4.00" Aluminum or Steel, 6.00" Radius, 45 Degree Mandrel (I cut to fit) - $20.50
Silicone Straight Reducer 4" to 3.5" Hose (for MAFS) - $19
Silicone 45° Elbow Coupling 4" Hose (I cut one end shorter to fit on MAFS) - $25
I used some of left over tube to make a coupler
Spectre Medium size 4" cone filter (autozone) - $25

Stage 3 intake...

4.00" Aluminum or Steel, 6.00" Radius, 45 Degree Mandrel (I cut to fit) - $20.50
Silicone 90° Elbow Coupler 4" Hose (I cut one end shorter to fit on MAFS) - $28
Straight Aluminum Intake tubing 4" (less than 1 foot, about 8") - $7.40
Silicone 45° Elbow Coupling 4" Hose - $25
I used some of left over tube to make a coupler
Spectre Medium size 4" cone filter (autozone) - $25

·
Registered
saab
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
All this was done last week. I should have the final installed pics as soon as I get my truck back from the dealer tomorrow. I now have the tubing ceramic coated black.

·
Stainless Works
2004 chevy
111 Posts
WOW! That is a great DIY job!! Just be careful of water with the filter that low. I have seen plenty of people hydro lock their motors from pulling a ton of water through the filter.

But awesome job!!!

·
Registered
saab
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I dont drive in the rain much or thru puddles. I'll be careful tho. Hydrolocked the original LS1 in my 30th back in '04 :duh:

when ever i have time, im gonna shave the pvc pipe some and clean off the extra sealer. Might paint the tank black as well. Im in the process of converting my wifes envoy denali DOD crap to a reg 8 cyl mode. Im putting in an LS6 cam and springs as I type. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts