Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After replacing my mode actuator i have air coming from defrost and floor while ac is on. when switching modes the vents stop blowing but still have coming from other vents any replies will help . I did the recal procedure.

thanks

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
It's possible the actuator is not aligned the same way the one you took off was. Recalibration can't fix it if it's too far off, rotationally.

When you say you still have airflow from the defrost vents while you change the mode, that sounds like a problem with the defrost actuator, not the mode actuator.

But let's start off more slowly. You can pull the fuse and re-run the calibration procedure. Watch the mode actuator when you do that. Make sure it runs CW and CCW as you expect. Then when you change modes later, do you see the actuator go to the same end points, CW and CCW?

Can you see the defrost actuator do the same thing?

We might need somebody who's done it, and taken pictures during the installation process, to see what the normal appearance is at each end point. I failed to do that, so I can't help with the details.

Can you take the actuator off and move the control shaft by hand to make sure you get all the modes you want? At least one person over the years had some foreign material in the plenum and that caused jamming the actuator couldn't fix.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts