Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Just about one year to the day, I got my TB's freon replaced. Since, I have minimal airflow through the driver's side vents and now neither side is blowing cold air in the summer.

1) Why is one side blowing stronger than the other, do I have something clogging my vent(s) and if so, can a mechanic blow it out or something?

2) Why is there no cold air? I barely run the AC so it would be strange that it would go empty that soon. Should I have it checked for leaks or something else?

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
258 Posts
Does cold air come out of either the defroster or heater outlets when you turn the AC on? Trying to help you determine if one of more of the HVAC actuators are funky. One thing you could do is to remove the HVAC control fuse for a few minutes and then reinstall. The removal of the fuse allows the various HVAC actuators to go through a recalibration process.

You can read more about it here: HVAC Actuator Door--CRAZY RESOLUTION!

Good luck!

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
29 Posts
Hi all,
Just about one year to the day, I got my TB's freon replaced. Since, I have minimal airflow through the driver's side vents and now neither side is blowing cold air in the summer.

1) Why is one side blowing stronger than the other, do I have something clogging my vent(s) and if so, can a mechanic blow it out or something?

2) Why is there no cold air? I barely run the AC so it would be strange that it would go empty that soon. Should I have it checked for leaks or something else?
Does cold air come out of either the defroster or heater outlets when you turn the AC on? Trying to help you determine if one of more of the HVAC actuators are funky. One thing you could do is to remove the HVAC control fuse for a few minutes and then reinstall. The removal of the fuse allows the various HVAC actuators to go through a recalibration process.

You can read more about it here: HVAC Actuator Door--CRAZY RESOLUTION!

Good luck!
Hi all,

1) gms and fords will blow out less cool air on one side than the other when they are low on R-134 don't know why but they do! It will seem as though one side is blowing harder. 2) The system is under pressure so it can still leak When you run defrost compressor cycles to help remove humidity. Sometimes they will go low in a day after charging if leak isn't found. So one year is not surprising. Just a thought.. good luck!

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
29 Posts
GM and fords will blow out cold air on one side when low on charge. Yes it could easily be low again after a year. System is under pressure always. When compressor runs it raises hi side and lowers low side. if leak is on high side it will leak out faster when running pressure diff. Check pressure hi and low side with ac running (compressor running) if low add- r 134 possibly few ounces oil also in r 134 charge and consider leak seal sold with a r 134 charge just a thought pressures will tell you where you are at good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts