Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_ltz
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!
I'm the proud owner of a 5.3L chevy trailblazer LTZ (2008)
So far, the best car I ever had. Believe it or not, my main concern with it is the mighty HVAC system. At the moment I'm trying to access the actuator that controls the front vents. I know for sure that the "high quality plastics" inside have failed terribly and that I need to replace it, but accessing it has proven too much for me. Other problems include; the outside temperature sensor (missing in action), led lights in the control unit are all gone.
If someone has any good tip on how to tackle this cheaply. Please recieve my admiration.
I have tried all resets posible and checked all the relevant fuses.
Many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_sle
631 Posts
Hello everyone!
I'm the proud owner of a 5.3L chevy trailblazer LTZ (2008)
So far, the best car I ever had. Believe it or not, my main concern with it is the mighty HVAC system. At the moment I'm trying to access the actuator that controls the front vents. I know for sure that the "high quality plastics" inside have failed terribly and that I need to replace it, but accessing it has proven too much for me. Other problems include; the outside temperature sensor (missing in action), led lights in the control unit are all gone.
If someone has any good tip on how to tackle this cheaply. Please recieve my admiration.
I have tried all resets posible and checked all the relevant fuses.
Many thanks in advance.
hi and welcome.

whats the mileage on your 2008?

there are some good videos on how to remove the dash and access the actuators.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnIDe0j3Fr4

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_ltz
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi. Thanks for the prompt reply.
It has done 120000miles.
All the videos that I've patiently watched about the subject are from earlier models and they all seem to have an easier way to remove the foot shaft and access to bolts etc. without having to remove the top dash.
Anyhow, I'll get to the link you sent me .
Many thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts