Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
721 - 724 of 724 Posts

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xuv
8 Posts
Neon green is either Martian blood or a dye that's been injected into your AC Freon pressure circuit to find a leak. Obviously --- you've now found the leak.

I find it strange that the HVAC system didn't default to FULL DEFROST, as that's a NHTSA Federal rule for all autos made after somewhere around the change of last century --- assuring that, at the least, you can see out of the windshield even if you can't get warm or cooled.

The windshield was the airflow/defrost priority -- not human comfort.
Can I reposition door with actuator removed? I'm in South Florida, and gotta have A/C!

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xuv
8 Posts
I read a system code would be set if an actuator failed calibration, then thereafter that actuator would be disabled. If so, is there a way to check/reset the code without a Tech2 tool & laptop software?
I've added refrigerant a few times, some said they fixed leaks, and haven't seen the dye around the pressure switch recently. Is it possible the switch may be part of my problems? Will replacing it discharge the system? Sticker on air filter cover says 2.65 lbs (& dye) w/rear AC.
Anyone have detailed instructions/video on dash disassembly needed to remove driver's side actuators?
90°F+ typical here... need dash vents open! :(

·
Premium Member
'05 Chevy TB EXT
4,051 Posts
That's a new one for me. I don't believe there will be any codes set for the actuators, good or bad..

I might be wrong, but my EXT needed 3 actuators and I never saw any SEL lit for that. All you'll get is a lot of clicking.

Freon leaks don't heal themselves. The only time they stop leaking is when all the freon escapes.

I you change that pressure sensor, you're gonna get a face full of refrigerant, refrigerant oil and refrigerant dye.

To confirm for yourself whether you have to pull the dash apart ... try go change that upper actuator first. If you have fingers like ET and can get it done ... so be it.

721 - 724 of 724 Posts