Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

701 - 704 of 704 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
2 Posts
I just replaced the mode actuator yesterday, and found the write-up "Replacing HVAC Mode Acuator" on the TrailblazerSSforum to be extremely helpful, especially the pictures of how the two gears fit together. I'd post a link, but I don't have 5 posts here yet.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
4 Posts
Just completed mode door actuator replacement

Thanks to the knowledge shared in this thread, I felt pretty confident going in. Job was pretty straight forward & went smoothly. It helps if you are not in a hurry and can get yourself off the floor of the vehicle to stretch once and a while!

The actuator was firmly on the mode door shaft and I was reluctant to lever too much on it for fear of bending or breaking the shaft. I ended up fabricating a tool from some 1 1/2 square tube I had in the garage... made the removal really easy.

I also pulled the old actuator apart and couldn't see any visible failure... I presume the motor or cicuit board failed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had a problem last week with my drivers side only blowing out hot air. I went and replaced the driver's side blend door actuator and now it goes from hot and cold when the dial is turned.

However I can't get the air to vent on the floor when it's selected. When I select floor it blows out by the windshield. The defrost/windshield and vent only work but not the floor. Is that an actuator issue? I see two other actuators above the gas pedal and I see one moving when I select the different modes.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
2 Posts
Are the actuators different from each other?

Are each of the actuators different? Or can i buy multiple ones and use it to change each one in my 03 Chevy Trailblazer?

701 - 704 of 704 Posts