Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Hvac issues

798 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Brotherbilo 
#1 ·
The blower motor in my 2005 trailblazer quit working. I went through and found that the harness was cooked on one wire and the resistor was shot so I went to the dealer and bought a new one. I went to the dealer because I found many different kinds out there and they confused me a bit. The dealership used my vin number to get me the correct one and once installed, the blower works great but all of a sudden I get nothing but hot air blowing on my feet and will not cool down or change to the other vents. I tried to do a recalibration by pulling the fuse and so on but I'm not sure I'm doing it correct. All the instructions say to turn it off until its done but I have a unit that is automatic with numerical temps on it and the moment I start, everything kicks on including the air conditioner and it does nothing for me. I'm thinking I may have an issue with the mode actuator but that, to my knowledge, has nothing to do with the temps. I'm not sure why everything went all at once. This is my first post but I've been searching pretty heavily. I can't pay somebody to do it because I still have all the power steering lines that have to be replaced and repair the creaking in the front left brake.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.