Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle_xl
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was fine until yesterday, then it went out. All the speeds went out at the same time. I'm wondering if it could be a fuse or the blower motor resistor I saw on the forum. I'm not home, but my wife was about to take the car in. I told her not to, but it is 95' here in south FL and I have to deal with this tonight. Interestingly, the rear fan works.

Any thoughts? I also see there are multiple fuse boxes - does anyone know which one holds the fuse I should be looking for?

Oh, it's a 2005, Envoy with manual fan control (no automatic climate control).

Thanks!

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
365 Posts
Check Under Hood Fuse Block, Fuse #35 and Under Seat Fuse Block, Fuse #44.

Also, check the wiring at the blower motor for shorted/melted connectors. The blower motor is under the passenger side kick panel. Lower the glove compartment door(open glove compartment, push tab by latch, then lower all the way down) to access. Check both the motor and resistor wiring.

Look at this thread for further info:

http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=32751

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle_xl
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I posted this on the Blower Motor Resistor thread:

I just replaced mine.

Interestingly, all 5 speeds blew at once. It smelled as though something were burning. I read about this fix here and bought the new Blower Motor Resistor, unsure of whether or not it would work.

Getting the wiring harness out of the resistor was difficult - I had to pry and cut the old resistor. Turns out it's because the prongs were rusted and the harness melted. Two of the slots were damaged by heat. The new one, nonetheless, plugs right in and the fan works. The only speed that does not work is 5. I'll bet the connector to this speed is damaged, and I'll bet that if I got a new wiring harness it would work.

Just to report.

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.