Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having an issue with the AC on a 2003 Envoy. The HVAC control unit randomly shows different outside temps, only some of which are remotely correct. I have performed the three button calibration numerous times to get the problem to go away without luck. Now, the real confusing problem. When the exterior temp is displaying lower than true temp (32 degrees on a 75 degree day for example) the AC will not kick on. Once the outside temp starts to display normal temps the AC begin to work.

Has anyone had similar issues? Do you think it is the outside temp sensor or a need to reprogram the HVAC controls? Any input would be appreciated. The outside sensor seems easy to replace but I do not want to go that route if it will not fix the problem. Thanks.

· Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
362 Posts
It is the Ambient Temperature Sensor needing replacement. Cheap and easy. It is a common problem. If you have problems finding or replacing it, run a Search above for "Ambient Temperature Sensor" and you will find directions including pictures.

C.B.

· Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt_xl
14 Posts
i have this same problem, replaced the sensor and no change, there is leak at one of the ac connections at the front passenger side so i will address this and see if maybe its a pressure issue inside the ac

· Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt_xl
14 Posts
replaced the sensor, fixed the ac leak but the reading on the display still fluctuates........it will read the correct temperature then spiral downward at random times then back up to the correct temp 5 or 10 mins later.........anyone have anyideas?
:bonk:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.