Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A 2WD SS owner was posting in another forum about changing his hubs out. And he posted pics of his old ones showing a stub shaft filling the center of the hub with a 35mm nut securing it. In the non-SS world, 2WD vehicles have that splined center of the hub open. You just bolt the replacement hub up.

Anybody know about this stub shaft? I'm just curious, and I never knew this tidbit about the SS before. Could it be for airflow management around the brakes? I can't imagine it being structural. Was it on only some years? Every 2WD SS have them? :confused:

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,031 Posts
I would have to see a picture to know what you are speaking of. I do not believe that mine has any type of filler shaft at all.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Here's what the member posted. New hub on the left. Old one on the right, and the filler in the center was not part of a broken-off CV shaft. And I'm asking in an SS forum, so the question is really for the 2WD SS owners like he was.

·
Registered
2006 chevy
1,529 Posts
I would have to double check mine, but I do believe mine has it as well, don't know when it will be though

1 - 5 of 5 Posts