Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 02 trailer. I had a front drivers side hub that was making noise. I replaced it and the new hub is making noise too. The tone changed but it still sounds like the hub. (Noise get louder when I turn right, all but dissapears turning left) anything I could have missed or just got a bad hub? Thanks a bunch! First post here but have found these forums very useful!

· Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
2,163 Posts
I have an 02 trailer. I had a front drivers side hub that was making noise. I replaced it and the new hub is making noise too. The tone changed but it still sounds like the hub. (Noise get louder when I turn right, all but dissapears turning left) anything I could have missed or just got a bad hub? Thanks a bunch! First post here but have found these forums very useful!

There are cases where if the noise gets louder when turning right means the RIGHT side hub is going.

· Premium Member
2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LTZ 4.2L
524 Posts
Duralast product? Either way, it's generally going to be trash. GM vehicles love OEM and will eat and destroy anything less than.

· Premium Member
'05 TB 4.2 EXT
6,192 Posts
........ but it SHOULD last long enuff to quietly work for a while --- right?

Even if the quality's bad, it'll work OK for a while at least.

I thought my hubs had decided to really irk me when I believed they both were failing --- and changed them both!

It was tire-tread cupping.

I've got some very good, but used, hubs in storage for when I REALLY need them --- next time.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Duralast product? Either way, it's generally going to be trash. GM vehicles love OEM and will eat and destroy anything less than.
Yea it is a dualistic but it was making noise on the first drive after I changed it. I'm thinking its a bad one. Gonna try to swap it out as soon as I can and see if I can get a better one I guess. Thanks for the response!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts