Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im having alot of trouble finding rings to fit my wheels/hubs. i have a slight vibration at 65+mph. the cb on my new wheels are 83.0mm. anyone know where i can find a set or have a set made?

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Not certain about the rings, but if your tires are (supposedly) perfectly balanced, just try installing them with a floor jack underneath. Taking the weight off the studs when you tighten the lug nuts is all the rings will accomplish. Once the nuts ate tightened, the rings take no force - they just allow the wheel to get bolted up with its weight not on the studs. Since they only deflect a couple of thousandths of an inch at most, this might solve it for you.

Or it can prove your tires are not perfectly balanced and your tire place is just guessing when they tell you it's the loose centerbore at fault. What's your history of fixing this been so far?

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nothing really, when they tightened them 1 guy held the tire up so there was no weight on the studs while the other tightened. i checked and no weights came off. belle tire did the mounting and balancing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts