Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whenever I open a door my sub and HU turn on. I know that the stock HU turned on because of the security settings and since I tapped that fuse the sub would turn on when the doors opened and it did but now my new HU turns on when the doors are opened. My Sub is also blowing fuses like nothing else. Every time I reconnect the batter my amp/sub fuse blows, why?

· Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
17 watt RMS and 40 watt Peak - HU
Sub is a powered sub, Boss BASS1200

and my service 4x4 light came on, could this be related or because of the heat? My HVAC read out 101 outside.

· Registered
2003 trailblazer_lt
9,821 Posts
Whenever I open a door my sub and HU turn on. I know that the stock HU turned on because of the security settings
what settings are you referring to? in the DIC?

and since I tapped that fuse the sub would turn on when the doors opened and it did but now my new HU turns on when the doors are opened.
which fuse did you tap? pic?

My Sub is also blowing fuses like nothing else. Every time I reconnect the batter my amp/sub fuse blows, why?
wasnt the sub hooked up to the rear fuse block when the megafuse blew?

· Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That could be a D.I.C. setting and the sub was tapped into the radio fuse but now it's on the 3 amp ignition fuse.

The sub was hooked up to the back fuse box, could this have wrecked it?

· Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll have time to tinker with things tomorrow.

Is it just coincidence that the "Check 4X4" light came on after I installed my stereo?

· Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
88 Posts
I'll have time to tinker with things tomorrow.

Is it just coincidence that the "Check 4X4" light came on after I installed my stereo?
Well I heard through the grape vine that GM or Chevy designed that diagnostic system and chimes to run through the stock Head Unit.....I though the bloke was full of junk telling me this but when I installed my new head unit my oil change light and check engine light both came on. So I pulled codes, looked at what they were saying and everything was fine, just phantom codes. The guy was trying to sell my a part for 100 dollars so I thought he was just being a salesman but I think he was true.

Back to your 4x4 light it's probably the same thing (if true) so pull the code and inspect.

· Registered
83 Posts
Well I heard through the grape vine that GM or Chevy designed that diagnostic system and chimes to run through the stock Head Unit.....I though the bloke was full of junk telling me this but when I installed my new head unit my oil change light and check engine light both came on. So I pulled codes, looked at what they were saying and everything was fine, just phantom codes. The guy was trying to sell my a part for 100 dollars so I thought he was just being a salesman but I think he was true.

Back to your 4x4 light it's probably the same thing (if true) so pull the code and inspect.
rear fuse block isnt safe to power your amp bass amp..maybe mids and high amp....i learned my lesson last time i wired my 600 watt amp for my sub(temp just to have some bass)..it keped blowing fuses like crazy everytime bass started bumping...wire it straight to the battery and it should stop some of the problems you have...cars these days are a pain in the ass..:weird:

· Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I took the sub out and unhooked everything and the 4x4 light went away but my stereo still doesn't turn off. It is not a D.I.C. setting. Could it be my GMOS?

· Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I called Crutchfield and they had me multi-meter it and it's getting the same voltage when the car is on as when the key's out and the door is open so I have a defective GMOS.

I contacted the seller about a return and they told me they don't do returns.

· Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It was the GMOS because I was getting 9.65 volts of power no matter if the car was on or if the door was open with the key out.

As for the 4x4 light, it is back on so I scanned it with a system scanner and it had no trouble codes just "MIL is off"

Does anyone know what that means?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.