Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cant seem to find any reviews on the Soundgate Digistar XV4, looking to see if anyone here is using it and what they think of it. I remember reading somewhere it requires a 4v input on the RCA's... can anyone confirm this? :confused: (I've emailed soundgate twice...to no avail).... also any idea what the max input voltage is?

Im currently running the GMOS-04 in my carputer system. but due to a unsolveable ground loop issue I'm looking for alternatives... the gain is so high on the unit it picks up anything...turn the gain down no noise... but max's out around 60db playing music! Use a line driver to bump the input voltage and reduce the gain on the GMOS-04 and its crappy design (2v max input) produces nothing but a distorted mess out the speakers!

If anyone has any input of any kind I'd greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i had to use a ground loop isolator, it helps if you have a common ground. if you have to, which it looks like you might, ground it to the batteries "-"
I've actually tried 3 differents GLI's every single one had a different effect... I have the most noise eliminating one on there now....Ive actually heard your asking for trouble by grounding to the negative post due to all electrical noise traveling to that one point...you are right though a common ground is key but does not seem to help in my situation

what deck are you using
Thats the problem Im not using a deck... its a laptop system with a touch screen mounted in-dash. I have a Audigy 2 ZS sound card with a 1v output. But I also have at my disposal a Phoenix Gold PLD1 8v line driver..

Because I am using a laptop there is no way to common ground it with the GMOS-04 (laptop has independent 19v system).

The worst part is, the noise is the worst when the system is off, I get horrible RMI noise. Even with $40 dollar twisted pair RCA's isolated from power sources and the laptop off with no power source or battery!

Im at a crossroads now...with a $1000 invested I have hard time just throwing more money at it... its either a new USB soundcard or I try the Digistar XV4......what to do..what to do....

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does anyone possibly have their owners manual from a DigistarXV4.....does it have any technical specs inside??

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks... I found that earlier but unfortunately its poorly put together and offers no actual audio technical specs...

you might want to try this forum:

http://www.mp3car.com/

they deal with carputers. ive seen a lot of carputer projects link to it.
Ive actually got an account there as well... all the guys with systems in their TB havent responded to PM's...guessing their accounts are inactive now

Thanks for the input though!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.