Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I created a document of everything that can be tuned on a 2002 trailblazer I6. The pdf is 980kb. The max size for uploading a pdf is 250kb. How do I increase my max size? I feel this will be a beneficial document for all. It is 28 pages long and has many charts. That is why it is such a large pdf.

Thanks

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Email it to me. Address in my profile. I can break it into smaller parts, or sometimes resample the charts to a lower resolution. Thanks! This will be a great resource.

Edit: I also moved it to our HOP Tuners vendor forum

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ive been busy the last few weeks due to new baby :)

I seperated the file into 5 documents. Silly Forum Rules. :crazy:

Attachments

·
Registered
2002 chevy
2,582 Posts
Great write up Kommes! I know Erik would want to get his hands on the hptuner right about now. :D

·
Registered
226 Posts
looks impressive, wish I knew what any of that was lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not bad for a Newbee eh? Heck, that was my 7th post here. This is my 8th. Imagine the wealth of knowledge to come..... :laugh:

If anyone is in the Appleton area I would be willing to tune your vehicle for the cost of credits plus $20 or so. It's up to you to tell me what you want though.

·
Registered
2002 chevy
2,582 Posts
apparently 1-3 and 5 files dont work.​

·
Registered
2002 chevy
2,582 Posts
well they still dont work. it says the files are damaged. I have the latest version of adobe 9.3.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hmm. They work fine for me. Im not going to reupload unless more people have issues. BUC NASTY I will email you the pdf all in one file. Check your inbox.

·
Registered
2002 chevy
2,582 Posts
Hmm. They work fine for me. Im not going to reupload unless more people have issues. BUC NASTY I will email you the pdf all in one file. Check your inbox.
Thanks! Now that file you send me works.:tiphat

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle_xl
9 Posts
Newbee here are HP Tuners like the PCM's for less?

Sorry all this is my fist post. Love the site can't wait to do some mod's. Very interested in a Tune and CAI. Are the HP tune's like the PCM's for less?

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
HP Tuners and EFILive are software tools that you or a tune-selling company can use to modify the vehicle's operating system. They're $500 and up.

PCMforless is a company who uses tools like that to create a tune for you to order. A pre-made tune is $100-150 depending on how you install it.

It's like HP Tuners and EFILive are woodworking lathes that you as an amateur or a professional craftsperson can use to make furniture. Or you can buy furniture already made.

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle_xl
9 Posts
Thanks roadie

I am a novice at all of this. This site is awsome all the detailed upgrades and how to's top notch. It makes a person want to try some things. Do the PCM's relly get the bang for buck?

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,708 Posts
I copied them all to a folder and they all work fine.

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
I am a novice at all of this. This site is awsome all the detailed upgrades and how to's top notch. It makes a person want to try some things. Do the PCM's relly get the bang for buck?
Yes, a PCM tune is hands down, no questions asked, the BEST performance and mileage mod you can do to your truck.

As the roadie mentioned, if you buy HPTuners or EFILive, you are buying the tool and NOT the actual tune. You then use them to build your own tune from the factory base file you download from your PCM. If you dont want to spend lots of time and the extra money, its probably not for you.

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle_xl
9 Posts
thanks guys

Scarabepic22 hey man, me and the family are moving to Tacoma Wa. area. Our envoy is the family mobile. Will be towing a U Haul all the way wish me luck. Moving in June. Then will start some mod's with my father in Law when I get there. Might have to look you up.

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
Scarabepic22 hey man, me and the family are moving to Tacoma Wa. area. Our envoy is the family mobile. Will be towing a U Haul all the way wish me luck. Moving in June. Then will start some mod's with my father in Law when I get there. Might have to look you up.
Awesome, when in June? Im trying to get a meet setup probably one of the last weekends (read 19th or 26th).

Definitely hit me up, even if its just you and me bs'ing for an hour or something.

Mods...I can help there. Ive got a pretty good tune for the I6, just ask one of the guys who have it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts