Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
HP Tuners
2008 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HP Tuners unleashes more tuning features on the GM tuning world, with VCM Suite 2.1.12 bringing MPVI Pro Standalone Data Logging, Real Time Tuning (RTT) for the LS1, 2.5bar Speed Density tuning for the GenIV V8, a host of new vehicle support and increased parameters for selected vehicles.

Below are the major new features in v2.1.12:
- MPVI Pro Standalone Data Logging *
- LS1 Real Time Tuning (99+)
- 2.5bar Speed Density tuning for the GenIV V8 (E40 ECM)
- Increased V6 engine and transmission parameters
- Increased transmission parameters for LS2 A4 vehicles
- LS2 SD transmission full line pressure fixups

Support for the following new vehicles:
- 06 Cadillac CTS-V 6.0
- 06 Cadillac STS 4.4
- 06 Cadillac XLR 4.4
- 06 Cadillac DTS 4.6
- 07 Chevy Avalanche 5.3
- 07 Chevy Tahoe 5.3
- 07 Chevy Suburban / GMC Yukon & Denali 5.3, 6.2
- 07 Cadillac Escalade 6.2 (4L65E)
- 06 Chevrolet Impala 3.5, 3.9
- 06 Chevrolet Malibu 3.9
- 06 Chevrolet Monte Carlo 3.5, 3.9
- 06 Pontiac G6 3.9
- 06 Chevy Cobalt 2.4
- 06 Pontiac G6 2.4
- 06 Saturn ION 2.4

* feature available with MPVI Pro interface only

FULL DETAILS HERE

HP Tuners would like to thank all our valued customers, forum moderators, beta testers and contributors who help us continue to innovate and deliver new features to the tuning market. Thanks!!

- The HP Tuners Team

·
Registered
2007 gmc
1,244 Posts
VERY beneficial to the TBSS owners, but not much to the I6... I thought this time they would add some more features to the I6 tuning parameters. If I knew i was only getting half a tuner program on my I6, I would've saved my money and bought something else..

·
HP Tuners
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Trailblazin said:
VERY beneficial to the TBSS owners, but not much to the I6... I thought this time they would add some more features to the I6 tuning parameters. If I knew i was only getting half a tuner program on my I6, I would've saved my money and bought something else..
What exactly are you missing on the I6 tuning??

·
Registered
2007 gmc
1,244 Posts
Just a few more things to play round with. I had the software for a week, and the only thing I hadn't got my head around was the Variable Camshaft settings..

Now when I look at the V8 pick up files, they seem to have 100% more then the I6 has. Ok I know they have a MAF which would add the extra 40% of parameters over ours, but what point is having a tuner program when you can't play around with anything?

I mean in the future I will be buying an F-body if not the new Camaro/Challenger once I graduate from University, and when I start tuning them I would like some more experience with tuning, then the limited stuff we have on the I6..This is one of the reasons I bought HP Tuners to begin with.

Let me show you where there is nothing for us to edit:
Engine:
Dynamic Airflow
Open Loop
COT/Lean Cruise
Spark Dwell
Knock Sensors
Engine Torque
Abuse
Supercharger (People are thinking about going Turbo/Supercharger very soon)

Trans:
Shift Pressure Modifier Upshift

Now these are a few things that we don't have in the I6. Can you explain to me why not and if it was not technically/mechanically efficient enough for us to have these parameters, then please fill me in.

Don't get me wrong please, HP Tuners is an amazing program and with the function of me being able to plug my WBO2 in and read it straight from the scanner is top work!

I just feel that since you guys have got the software out for us I6 owners, thats it, there won't be any more development in us.

Anyway, congrats on getting the Cadillac tuning out, Im sure there's ALOT of business to be made in that direction :)

·
HP Tuners
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What year an calibration are you using?
Some of those things just dont exist in certain years. You can't just compare one GM method to another :D

The ones we do know about we are in the process of adding.

-Ken

·
Registered
2007 gmc
1,244 Posts
2002 Trailblazer and version .12. I know not all GM vehicles are tuned the same, you don't have to be so smug about it, but everything you guys offer are pretty much set up for the V8s.

I mean as an amateur, I've looked over the millions of help files avaliable with u guessed it, not much help! why, because they are all for the V8s. Even when I try dialing in my AFR error on my VE tables, the histogram only works in rev speed vs MAP. The VE tables are set out in Load vs Rev. :confused:

Plus when i tried setting my idle VE out, my histogram goes from 0-100 MAP values, where as on the editor, the Idle VE is set out at 100-0MAP. Meaning I have to go in and change all the values myself, where I could've easily just copied and pasted if the editor and scanner values were the same.. did u do this on purpose?

How about the RTT for us as well??

·
HP Tuners
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not being smug Trailblazin. You posted a list of the things where there was nothing to edit and I'm trying to explain why you see things differently with the I6 parameters vs. the V8. The 2002 code is perhaps the worst of all the ones we have seen, and it is missing a lot of what you see in the V8 code.

On the histograms, are you changing the configuration to use the table you are trying to tune? You can select that in the configuration (click on insert table) so you don't have to enter the axis values manually.

The scanner defaults to a V8 style configuration, but you can change and save configurations to suit your needs. I will have to look to make sure something did not get "broken" during an update, but they all worked before.
The only issue is the custom MPID needed for the VE % load axis value. We know about this and will try to get it implemented in the next update.

On the help files, we will add some specific I6 information. There is also a description of what each table/value does when you "mouse over" things on the table display.

We will look into RTT for other models, but no guarantees at this point.

-Ken

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
So, basically, the 02 PCM programming is crap then, huh? Darn, I knew it was pretty messed up as GM rewrote it and gained hp without changing anything major.

·
HP Tuners
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ScarabEpic22 said:
So, basically, the 02 PCM programming is crap then, huh? Darn, I knew it was pretty messed up as GM rewrote it and gained hp without changing anything major.
It's the way they wrote it. The engine code looks more like early HC11 processor code than CPU32. The best way to describe it is they took other code and made it work for the I6. In fact some of the tables are "dual purpose".

It works, but it will never be a shining start with 8bit table resolution.

·
Registered
2007 gmc
1,244 Posts
Thanks Ken, I didn't really mean to go off on one.. but spending the amount of money on the software, i did kinda expect something with a little more options and much more user friendly....

with regard to the histograms, I was trying to create some custom one's for a table that I'm trying to tune, such as the VE tuning tables and AFR error %.. the error % does work, but the VE tuning doesn't... I had to tune my VE tables with the help of my WBO2 using AFR% - RPM vs MAP.. I was continously logging WOT, cruise and idle runs seeing what my AFR was then changing according on the VE tables... The insert table options are pretty much basic tables...I even had to get a mod at HPT's to set me up a custom KR table coz it wasn't part of the insert table options...

Is there a chance you could add Auto-VE tuning?? I've seen an example of EFI lives software and I think it would help a great deal specially to the amateurs with the lack of a WBO2...

Otherwise, I honeslty think HPTs is a top program! I do understand that the I6 software had just been released so not much info about it..

In one of the help files you might be doing for the I6, could you add something to do with the Variable Cam tuning... I've played for hours on it and haven't felt much result....

Thanks!

Bader

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
Well, I think it would be great to get AutoVE tuning in HPTuners, but EFILive doesnt even have it for the I6 yet either.

OK, the race is on..... Ready, set, go!!!:D

·
HP Tuners
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No worries Trailblazin. We will be adding some more stuff to make tuning the VE table easier. Not really sure what we can do for the variable cam tuning. Thats one of those things where you really need a dyno to verify the results.

·
HP Tuners
24 Posts
Trailblazin said:
Let me show you where there is nothing for us to edit:
Engine:
Dynamic Airflow
Open Loop
COT/Lean Cruise
Spark Dwell
Knock Sensors
Engine Torque
Abuse
Supercharger (People are thinking about going Turbo/Supercharger very soon)
like ken stated not every calibration has every thing...ls1's dont have anything under the supercharger or accel enrichement tabs..if its not there its just not there. They put in the parameters you need to tune properly & add things that are useful or requested as they find them...when your talking inserting hundreds of tables out of thousands that are available its kinda like looking for a needle in a haystack sometimes.

As far as histograms are concerned if you have any that you think should be in the next release I've always said either send them to myself, another mod or strait to support...im sure they would add them in the next release. Personally I dont tune I6's so im not gonna make em up but if you supply me with the histogram(s) I'll keep em all together & send em in all at once. Or if you have a request for one I've always tried to be more then helpful in making them if its possible...obviously the vs load thing is an issue since its not a PID from what I understand, but they are working on a fix for that. Other then that if you have any specific requests its hard for them to read minds ;) :p

·
Registered
152 Posts
Stupid question

How hard or easy is it to tune the 4.2
What knowledge is involved, are there presets?
like : towing, performance, touring etc..
Or is it like hummm lets try this 4 fun?

Speed limiters are 4 pus....
Rev limiters pi.. me off.:mad:

·
Registered
2007 gmc
1,244 Posts
chester0001 said:
How hard or easy is it to tune the 4.2
What knowledge is involved, are there presets?
like : towing, performance, touring etc..
Or is it like hummm lets try this 4 fun?

Speed limiters are 4 pus....
Rev limiters pi.. me off.:mad:
well, did u ever try and learn the basics of html?? its kinda like that, soon as u learn it, it's fun to use, and the results are sweet!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Hum

Does sound somwhat simple enough..
i would need to see it in action. Anybody near Montreal running this software?

(hoping gm swaps my engine out for free) its got a big boubou

·
HP Tuners
24 Posts
there are no presets...the person behind the laptop does the work hptuners is a tool that will allow you to get there. Start slow with easy stuff such as rev limiters, speed limiters, etc and learn your way into the other stuff. You will not gain 100 hp overnight, but in time you will learn what the do's and don't are & why.

·
Registered
152 Posts
there are no presets...the person behind the laptop does the work hptuners is a tool that will allow you to get there. Start slow with easy stuff such as rev limiters, speed limiters, etc and learn your way into the other stuff. You will not gain 100 hp overnight, but in time you will learn what the do's and don't are & why.
Thanks guys
ill be thinking about it

1 - 18 of 18 Posts