Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ANy know if the traction control will disable the awd option to jump on a dyno?
ANy one runnin at the track yet?

·
Registered
77 Posts
GTPprix said:
Stock they make about 295-300 to the tires.
Haven't looked at Bergie's dyno but what is up with him making 326 whp then? Does he have the 2wd version? Guess I need to go take a looksie, or could it be he has a horribly over corrected dyno?

·
Banned
127 Posts
Uh no. Regular dynojet. Mine is 2wd, not AWD. I was only posting for comparison. Shoot me for hijacking the thread, I only thought it might be useful. 87 Octane, 100% showroom stock, 221 miles.

·
Registered
121 Posts
It'll run on 87. The question is how well... but that's another thread. :D

·
Registered
2006 chevy
616 Posts
TB SS said:
It'll run on 87. The question is how well... but that's another thread. :D
Of course it will run, but if 87 octane causes the vehicle to revert to its low octane timing table, then it is up for grabs whether the vehicle is'running' or just 'limping.' What do the vehicle specs call for?

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
TBSS said:
Of course it will run, but if 87 octane causes the vehicle to revert to its low octane timing table, then it is up for grabs whether the vehicle is'running' or just 'limping.' What do the vehicle specs call for?
87+, GM says 87 will work, but more performance will result from a higher octane. There is another thread about this somewhere, but if I was to get an SS it would only get 91+ (premium).

·
Registered
2006 chevy
849 Posts
Don't forget that there is a difference in #s reported from a Mustang Dyno versus a Dynojet. (Mustang typically ~5-7% less)

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
11 Posts
In the cooler months you could prolly get away with running 87 octane. I don't now if I would chance it in the summer or if I was towing something. How does the engine know it has 87 octane running through it? Wouldn't it revert to the low octane tables only if the pcm/ecu detected knock?

·
Registered
6 Posts
87 Octane in TBSS?

Noticed that you use 87 octane in your TBSS. Have you had any problems or a significant reduction in HP? With the price of gas rising so quickly, I hope to be able to use Regular when I take delivery of my TBSS.

Any advice will be appreciated.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts