Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
286 Posts
of course you realize the main part of the laptop is under the back seats and he had to get long ribbon cable to deliver the picture to the lcd screen.
Lucky the laptop is putting out enough power to get the picture to the screen down that cable.
Course he can play dvd's etc while driving etc! but needs to like reach back under the seat to play with the controls!!!! Unless he has an ir remote for the laptop which are available...... or even a thumb mouse ;)

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
2,369 Posts
I honestly wouldn't mind buying something like that. I'm starting to put together stuff to set up a system like this, i'm just having a hard time finding a place to mount the lcd screen..

oh and i think he has a vga cable running from the laptop the the screen..

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
68 Posts
of course you realize the main part of the laptop is under the back seats and he had to get long ribbon cable to deliver the picture to the lcd screen.
Lucky the laptop is putting out enough power to get the picture to the screen down that cable.
Course he can play dvd's etc while driving etc! but needs to like reach back under the seat to play with the controls!!!! Unless he has an ir remote for the laptop which are available...... or even a thumb mouse ;)
I looked into doing this, and I believe the screen is a Touch screen that is connected through USB. Everything is controlled from the touch screen. Running a ribbon cable would be horrible.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts