Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you turn off the front passenger side air bag. also, sometimes when is start my 2002 trailblazer i hear a clicking sound that sound like it has something to do with the airconditioner. What could be causing that sound

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
there is no way to turn the Pass. Airbag off.. short of unplugging it which I would strongly advise you not to do :no:

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
There was no switch in 2002. It was only mandated by a later regulation - 2005 IIRC.

Clicking could be an actuator. Does the HVAC system work OK otherwise?

Could also be dash gauges. We could start a fuse-pulling set of experiments to home in on the culprit. My buddy Rayvoy might have to help for the next 24 hours or so while I'm on a road trip.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
4,074 Posts
I was kind of actually wondering about this myself...since sometimes the kids sit in the front seat...rarely. In the Silverado we can turn it on/off & personally I don't want to get smashed in the face! :O) So I turn it off!

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes the ac works fine just the clicking noise for a few seconds at start up. thanks for the help on the air bag. i have been looking everywhere.

·
Registered
2002 chevy
2,582 Posts
there should be airbag connectors on each front doors right into the dash, color yellow, similar to the one below your seat. Remove those (4) connectors and see if it works. If not you might have to get your BCM reflashed with a vin that does NOT have "Side" airbags.

I cant test it out yet since its at the dealer but ill check out this weekend and see if this will work.

·
Registered
2004 non_gmt360 other
609 Posts
When a vehicle first starts, the computer runs sensor checks throughout the vehicle. Makes clicking noises. Maybe that is what you're hearing ?

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
303 Posts
search for 'mode door actuator'

Many people replace it to get the clicking fixed. I tried that and still had the clicking. I am a firm believer that the actuator gets 'lost' so if you follow the reset procedure then that should fix it unless gears are stripped.

Let me ask you, has your battery been dead or replaced lately?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts