·
Registered
2003 trailblazer_lt
9,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2002-06 CHEVROLET TrailBlazer LS/LTZ
2003-06 GMC Envoy SLT

How to Test for "Premium Bose" systems:

There are 2 types of Bose systems available in some models of vehicles listed above. Turn factory radio volume up and down rapidly. If the sound system reacts immediately then the system is a standard BOSE, not a Premium BOSE. If the sound system volume does not react immediately, but has a noticeable delay, the system is a Premium BOSE.
Tonight I found this note in a scosche installation manual and can't say that I've heard of this before. Now for the questions.

Is there any truth to this?
Is standard bose/ premium bose the same as saying lux/ non lux?
If so, which is which?

I recall a thread where the OP needed to know if he had lux or non lux but was missing the RPO sticker in the glove box. Maybe this could have helped.:undecided

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,339 Posts
It was my understanding that our trucks either had bose (with external amp) or they didn't have bose (speakers powered by the radio).

And that the '02 through mid '04 had the Lux (digital) amp and mid '04 on up have the non-lux (analog) amps. Both of these had the UQA code in the glove box.

I don't know if this is where I got that or if it just agree's with my thinking.
In the OEM Navigation: More Info Than You Could Possibly Want to Know thread posted by turbomike;

As far as the volume control testing between the lux and non-lux, I don't know - but lux and non-lux can be verified by year and if it's an '04 - visual inspection.:undecided

Am I wrong in saying we don't have a non external amped Bose system? (all our bose systems have an external amp?)

·
Registered
2003 trailblazer_lt
9,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was my understanding that our trucks either had bose (with external amp) or they didn't have bose (speakers powered by the radio).

And that the '02 through mid '04 had the Lux (digital) amp and mid '04 on up have the non-lux (analog) amps. Both of these had the UQA code in the glove box.
Ah, so even if the guy had the RPO sticker, he woulda had UQA regardless.

I don't know if this is where I got that or if it just agree's with my thinking.
In the OEM Navigation: More Info Than You Could Possibly Want to Know thread posted by turbomike;

As far as the volume control testing between the lux and non-lux, I don't know - but lux and non-lux can be verified by year and if it's an '04 - visual inspection.:undecided
I don't think I've ever read that thread. I'll check it out now. Well, not now, after I finish this reply.

Am I wrong in saying we don't have a non external amped Bose system? (all our bose systems have an external amp?)
To the best of my limited OE knowledge, you are correct.:yes:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts