Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
4,125 Posts
Hello All, I was wondering if this will also fix a wobble felt at slow speeds. I have already had the lower ball joints replaced and was thinking this wobble could be coming from the sway bay end links and upper ball joints.
Please help.

Thanks for any and all advice.
that will probably be from wheels/tires being out of round. Have you had them checked out?

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
331 Posts
Just installed the Maxx Links on my 2003 EXT and like the results. No rattles etc

I have a question for anyone that has an EXT

Anyone else notice that the top of the front links should have a longer threaded shaft? The shaft does not stick out thru the sway bar end any further than the height of the locknut. The sway bar end is pretty thick .

I hope the nut does not back off these like the old style did.

Anyone else have this issue?

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
4 Posts
Do not buy the AZ Duralast sway bar linkage they are fukin JUNK!

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/parts/Duralast-Sway-Bar-Repair-Kit/2002-Oldsmobile-Bravada-AWD/_/N-jgasxZ8oxl1?itemIdentifier=532208_10302_5913_

I bought two of them for our Bravada, drivers side was snapped in half (because women don't avoid pot holes) and the drivers side one went on with out a hitch. Passenger side was intact but replaced it for preventative maintenance.

The nuts on the BRAND NEW item were so hard to tighten that the 5mm hex socket stripped out on the passenger side so now I have a new damaged linkage that I want to go throw it through auto zones front window and do my business with Advanced from now on.

It's not even the same product they show on the website, it's some garbage **** from Taiwan. I NEVER seen something BRAND NEW so god damn difficult to tighten...yea I'm a little pissed off right now.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
6 Posts
Yeah, avoid the cheapo links. Friend put on auto chassis brand on front of his 04 and they broke.

My 04 with 80K miles rear links were shot. The rubber was broken, really loose. The rear end of the truck was swaying and swinging...

Good quality links are around $70 if you avoid the auto chassis el cheapos... Midas well spend another $30 and get quality.

I put on the MAXX links, had to grind 3 out of 4 bolts as my T40 holes stripped out like a lot of you others did on the old links, they may have been original. What a difference. The rear end is so much more stable. I can't compare the factory AC DELCO links to MAXX since mine were so shot, but wow, what an upgrade. :):)

THe rear end is soo much better. Nice upgrade.

I also repaced the rear shocks, but the old T25's were not that bad, the links were most of the problem.

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt_xuv
54 Posts
I just installed the Maxxlinks front and rear. Huge difference in the cornering.. My 'Voy is on rails! She used to sway on left turns, and I thought it was tire pressures.. Now, no roll! Great upgrade!

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_slt
1 Posts
Hey guys I got a question. I checked the site for the front and didn't find any for my 2008 envoy. Am I missing something or are they?

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
8 Posts
Front or Rear?

Hey guys got a silly question for y'all. I asked for rear Maxx End links for Christmas and I got these (pic below) from my brother-in-law. ...From what I can tell though they look to be the front ones. I'm basing this on the fact they are too short for the sticker to be applied lengthwise, and has to be applied in a spiral fashion. However, I asked him if he was sure he ordered the rear ones, and he said yes (he is quite the gearhead). Nevertheless, I'd like to check in case he got the front ones by mistake.

I was planning on buying the front ones myself later, so it doesn't really matter, but I just don't want to have two sets of front end links. So anyway, do these look to be the front or rear endlinks? Many thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
331 Posts
Hey guys got a silly question for y'all. I asked for rear Maxx End links for Christmas and I got these (pic below) from my brother-in-law. ...From what I can tell though they look to be the front ones. I'm basing this on the fact they are too short for the sticker to be applied lengthwise, and has to be applied in a spiral fashion. However, I asked him if he was sure he ordered the rear ones, and he said yes (he is quite the gearhead). Nevertheless, I'd like to check in case he got the front ones by mistake.

I was planning on buying the front ones myself later, so it doesn't really matter, but I just don't want to have two sets of front end links. So anyway, do these look to be the front or rear endlinks? Many thanks.
Did you get a part number? The mystery would be easily solved if you had the number....

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
72 Posts
Wow. Nice write up. I wish I would have seen this before I did mine a few months ago! would've been a ton easier

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
8 Posts
Did you get a part number? The mystery would be easily solved if you had the number....
Unfortunately no. All I have is the gift box it came in. I noticed in some of these pics on this thread by MrSmithsTB show the end links with a sticker of "SMX-K666R" (for the rear) on them. Mine do not have any such sticker :cry:

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
39 Posts
Had a banging coming from my right rear for a while now. While the TB was in the air for a new trans (167K) I walked under the lift and saw the bad link. Just ordered a set for both front and rear from SMAXX. Should be here Monday.

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
39 Posts
Had a banging coming from my right rear for a while now. While the TB was in the air for a new trans (167K) I walked under the lift and saw the bad link. Just ordered a set for both front and rear from SMAXX. Should be here Monday.

Just installed the Suspension Maxx links front and rear along with Monroe coil over shocks and went on a 500 mile, mostly Interstate drive. The vehicle handled great. What an improvement over the stock, worn links. It never felt this nice when it was new. Shocks raised the rear about 2" with no handling effect. These links are worth the money.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
3 Posts
Maxxlinks vs Mevotech ?

Are these Maxxlinks worth the money ? I found that Mevotech end links with polyurethane bushings are for around 25$! any feedback here ? :undecided

41 - 53 of 53 Posts