Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
1,044 Posts
Moog Replacements

I put MOOGs on today. What a PITA to take the old ones off! Every one of the top bolts I had to cut off with an air rotary cut off tool, sparks flying and all. The hole for the Allen wrench was so corroded, I couldn't get the Allen wrench to stay put. The bottom nuts came off pretty easily.

I like the MOOGs with the nut on the back side that's soooo much easier to install and I'm sure if I have to uninstall.

Am I hi-jacking? I'm not sure, but SMAXX links look cool!

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_slt_xl
262 Posts
I installed the maxxx polyurethane sway bar links for front and rear on my xl about 2 weeks ago and OMG I just loved them. The trucks feels much stiffer while I'm driving and I also just went ahead and grinded the old ones off after 5 years especially through the winters I go through they were just too damn corroded but I highly recommend the maxxx suspension polyurethane sway bar links to all of y'all, I've never seen a better design or results

·
Registered
2009 chevy trailblazer_lt
128 Posts
Just finished replacing rear end links

Just finished the job. The only hard part was removing the old parts. I found that if you have a small vice grip you can clamp the backside of the end link and use a socket to remove the nut. This was much easier than using a hex wrench and 18mm wrench.

One other hint, if your replacements have grease fittings, grease them before installation, especially the upper left. Not much space because of the gas tank.

Installed Moogs, made a world of difference.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
61 Posts
When I removed my original links I used a hack saw blade and 2 pairs of vice grips, it really works out the arms. No amount of lubricant would have helped those nuts.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
31 Posts
i hear what sounds like a tire squeak from my drivers front side every time the wheel is turned and i hit a bump, I wonder if the noise is coming from they sway bar links, what brand would you recommend

·
Registered
61 Posts
If the link was bad you would probably hear a clunking sound when you hit a bump. If you can move the link with your hand with very little effort it's probably time to change them.

·
Registered
61 Posts
It's a shame that they don't sell the sway bar link parts separate. I had my front passengers side sway bar link come off the sway bar, shaved the threads off the stud and the nut went missing while driving (had no clue it was loose). Plus there isn't a lot of room for tightening under there. I had to put an old sway bar link on for the time being. Happened Saturday.

$100 just for 1 link:sadcry:

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
38 Posts
Hey guys does anyone here using the Maxx End Links with an aftermarket swaybar and which one do you have? Thanks Eddie!

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_slt_xl
262 Posts
I recommend nothing but the suspension maxx links, my oem ones were still in great condition but I still went ahead and upgraded and have never regretted it. A huge noticeable driving difference after I installed the maxx links but honestly the only way to find out is installing them yourself

i hear what sounds like a tire squeak from my drivers front side every time the wheel is turned and i hit a bump, I wonder if the noise is coming from they sway bar links, what brand would you recommend

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
8 Posts
Beware of cracked bushings!

FYI, just ordered the end link set directly from SMAXX for my TB and the bushings are cracked on the rear links.

Waiting on SMAXX to get to me on replacement...:cry::cry::cry:

·
Registered
2009 chevy trailblazer_lt
128 Posts
Help[! Robbery!

It's a shame that they don't sell the sway bar link parts separate. I had my front passengers side sway bar link come off the sway bar, shaved the threads off the stud and the nut went missing while driving (had no clue it was loose). Plus there isn't a lot of room for tightening under there. I had to put an old sway bar link on for the time being. Happened Saturday.

$100 just for 1 link:sadcry:
Where did you buy them, Tiffany's? At Rockauto you can get them for $9 to $40.:duh:

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
8 Posts
Problems with SMAXX end links

Is anyone having clearance problems with SMAXX rear end links, specifically the top of the link not clearing the upper rear bar.

The top plate on both end links is hitting the uppper bar.

:bonk::bonk::bonk:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey guys does anyone here using the Maxx End Links with an aftermarket swaybar and which one do you have? Thanks Eddie!
Well I put on a full set of MAXX END LINKS just before I went on vac to NC and drove down and back and around the mountain roads must of put on about 1800 miles and the didn't beleave how different the TB drove!!!! A must do for anyone! Eddie!:D

·
Registered
331 Posts
Just took delivery of front and rear sets !
Now just need a nice day without rain so I can put these babies on the TB

Looking forward to stopping the rattle from the front end

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
12 Posts
All I can say is WOW!! what a difference, just put the front ones on with prothane sway bar bushings....it's a new car!! The wife even said it drives better! Ordering the rear ones today, can't wait to put them on. Sounds like I got lucky with the old ones, the nuts weren't too bad to get off. Best upgrade so far!!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
40 Posts
Please help

Hello All, I was wondering if this will also fix a wobble felt at slow speeds. I have already had the lower ball joints replaced and was thinking this wobble could be coming from the sway bay end links and upper ball joints.
Please help.

Thanks for any and all advice.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts