·
Premium Member
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok so here's how you seafoam your Gmt-360s with the 4.2l

1. You start your vehicle.
2. Pull your brake booster line out.
3. Pour in a third of the can of seafoam.
4. Turn off your engine (make sure you plug the brake booster line back in).
5. Next pour another third into your oil.
6. You pour the remaining seafoam into your gas tank.
7. Crab something to drink or eat while you wait for 15 minutes.
8. Finally you go start your vehicle again and enjoy the smoke show. ;)

Here's a vid of the final product: Video Error

Attachments

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,614 Posts
Great thread, i'm on the verge of doing this to to mine...

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I like it,except for pouring it in the oil! unless you chage it right away.
Well the way i see it is i'm almost due an oil change now so i decided to do it. So if you wanna do it then do it the same day your gonna change your oil (Of course you may need to wait until after the seafoam has worked in there a little!).

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
I wouldnt run it in the oil for more than 500mi, maybe throw it in before heading home after a long roadtrip then change it once you get back home.

Just did this to my 02 yesterday, got a nice smoke show. Been probably 30k since I did it and my truck was running a little rough. Smoothed the idle out a little bit and I just feel better about it.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
are you letting vacuum suck the seafoam out?? cause you didn't mention it.
Yes its sucking it throught the brake booster line. Sorry i didn't mention it i was in a hurry.

·
Registered
2005 gmc
19 Posts
Sea Foaming

This sounds interesting, I know about adding it into the oil or gas but I've not heard of the brake booster line ?!?! Could you explain what that does and do you pour it down the hose or what ??? :confused:
Terry

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
This sounds interesting, I know about adding it into the oil or gas but I've not heard of the brake booster line ?!?! Could you explain what that does and do you pour it down the hose or what ??? :confused:
Terry
Well what it does when you pour it into the brake booster line is it cleans your pistons and internals. So all the smoke that you see at the end is just the carbon being cleaned off all the internals. So if you don't put it in there you won't get any smoke outta the tailpipe. Here's a link that will better explain it to you: http://www.seafoamsales.com/motor-treatment/why-it-works/index.html and this one too http://www.seafoamsales.com/motor-treatment/index.html

OH and could one of the MODs make this a sticky?

·
Banned
2005 gmc envoy_sle
3,253 Posts
hhmmmm i just turen 50,000 on my voy,,,,ive seen this being done many times but have been leary of it..... so do you just keep reving it up till the smoke stops??

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle
45 Posts
Sorry, but I looked on the seafoam webpage and didn't see one "before/after" picture showing how effective it is.

The clothes detergent I use or spot remover work, I can see the results. This company has sold something for 50 years but can't do 1 scientific before and after test?

Lots of things pored into your engine this way will smoke.

I'll pass on the snake oil.

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_slt
413 Posts
Thanks for sharing. NOTHING beats a good Sea Foam smoke show! As for snake oil, I've done small engine repair for years and nothing de-gums a lawn mower carb like Sea Foam. It also keeps the gas from going bad during the off season.....plus you get a good smoke show!! :yes:

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
625 Posts
You forgot to mention make sure you warm the engine up to operating temperature before you start pooring the seafoam in.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You forgot to mention make sure you warm the engine up to operating temperature before you start pooring the seafoam in.
I haven't heard that but i guess it couldn't hurt to do it.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
625 Posts
The sea-foam rep came to work one day and did a demo on a couple vehicles and he said that helps burn carbon off better.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
1,282 Posts
When I was 17, I did the ol' Seafoam trick on my Dodge Dakota... clogged the catalytic converter!! :hissy: :hissy:

·
Registered
2007 chevy
389 Posts
well hate to tell you but seafoam will destroy the fuel system pretty badly ive replaced many injectors and pumps because of it...just my 2 cents try just using lucas fuel injector cleaner, it works the best

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
139 Posts
well i took the chance and tryed it today. Started the car " was already warm from driving around earlier." pulled the booster line and poured in a 3rd of sea foam exactly, yeah i measure it all out lol. by the time i was done pouring it in and snapped it back into place and shut it off my yard and the neighbors yard was filled with smoke. Then i finished up changing the oil and it still runs and runs better then it did.

so in the end it worked out for me just fine with good outcome but it does seem risky still

·
Banned
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xuv
447 Posts
When I was 17, I did the ol' Seafoam trick on my Dodge Dakota... clogged the catalytic converter!! :hissy: :hissy:
agreed. guys I see no way that stuff can be good for the cat

1 - 20 of 150 Posts