Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle
8 Posts
Oil Light Reset

I have an 05 Envoy with the 4200 L6. After doing an oil change I could not figure out why the light would not reset. What the book does not tell you is that you have to leave the key in the run position until the light blinks a few times then goes out. Then turn the key off and restart and the light will be reset. :bonk:

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
4 Posts
If you have DIC, use it to reset change oil light

Just cycle to the oil life percentage display and hold down the reset button on the stearing wheel (same button you reset your trip odometer with).

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_ls
39 Posts
resetting oil change

What happens if it won't reset?
did u try again , it happened to me also, I was depressing the accelerator(gas pedal) to slow, try 3 times a little faster with the key in the on position without starting. should work.

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle
8 Posts
Oil light reset

As i stated in my post of 5/7/10 after pressing the gas pedal three times the key must be left in the on position until the light blinks then turn off and restart.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
28 Posts
Thank you for posting this. I don't know why this info was not included in our Manuals. I found this info in my hubby's 2001 Yukon manual so I decided to try it for my TB. Why is it in the Yukon's manual but not in ours? This is great info for those of us who do our own tune-ups. Thanks again!:mad:

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle_xl
1,029 Posts
Ok, laugh at this if you want...but...for the life of me I have not been able to reset the oil life feature!! After all I was used to the DIC in my wifes 2007 Trailblazer we just turned back into the dealer.

I was about to rip the steering wheel off the car after trying but I finally figured out that I can press the brake pedal as much as I want and I would never reset it. Go figure. lol!:duh:

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
40 Posts
Ok, laugh at this if you want...but...for the life of me I have not been able to reset the oil life feature!! After all I was used to the DIC in my wifes 2007 Trailblazer we just turned back into the dealer.

I was about to rip the steering wheel off the car after trying but I finally figured out that I can press the brake pedal as much as I want and I would never reset it. Go figure. lol!:duh:

What do you mean ,BRAKE . is the gas pedal!:yes:

·
Registered
gmc envoy_slt
6 Posts
Not resetting?

I've tried maybe 15 times, I followed the forum guidelines, nothing. There is no way I'm going a year without changing the oil to wait for the light to come on, old school I guess. I go about 4k between changes and I never see the oil change light come on except the bulb check at start-up. Normally I take it in to have it done and I assume they have been resetting the light because I never see it. However I decided to change it myself this time because I wanted to put in Valvoline Maxlife, supposed to recondition the seals to stop leaks, I have used this on 2 different Jeeps to cure a rear main bearing leak and it worked both times FYI, I don't have any leaks on the Envoy but at 166k it's only a matter of time. The oil that came out of it from the local lube shop looked like black water, in my opinion completely wasted, and that was only after 4k. So from now on I do it myself. The question is, how do I reset the light, even though it never comes on I would still like to reset it. Will I see some sign telling me it's actually worked, light flashing or something? It's a build date 04-01, SLE Envoy, no info cluster. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_ls
39 Posts
oil change light

it can be frustrating, but generaly when I change the oil, my light comes on, so I have to reset, but I always grab the owners manual and follow directions.
memo not as gd as it used to be:) 69 in dec. my light rarely comes on to tell me I need a change. I change mine between 4 & 5000mi. Hope this helped:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
69 Posts
to reset the light turn the key to the run position (do not start the vehicle) and within 5 seconds press the gas to the floor 3 times. after you do this i think the light will blink a couple of times then shut off. thats it. the way the engines run now and the synthetic oils available you can go alot longer between oil changes. amsoil recomends changing their synthetic oil every year or 30k.

41 - 60 of 70 Posts