Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
34 Posts
Additions......no not really. The photos are great. I would add di-electric grease to each one of the boots/plugs as a safety measure. I used a short 3/8 " drive 10 mm socket and craftsman driver (low profile) to get the back coil loosened. Then used 3/8 drive the plug socket, a 3" extension, 3/8 to 1/2 conversion and a 1/2 in driver to get that rear plug out. Very easy, just take your time and don't over do it. Thanks Mubai

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
997 Posts
I actually had more of an issue with the front one under the wiring harness.
My suggestion is to pry open the top of the wiring harness housing and you will see two plastic clips holding it down at each end. If you rotate those clips slightly, you can pry them out of the elongated hole in the harness housing, and the housing lifts straight up. You actually don't need more than an inch or two of clearance to get at the front spark plug.

Plus, if you accidentally break off one of the plastic clips holding the harness housing in place, don't worry; they are just standard door panel clips and you can get them at any parts store for a few bucks a dozen.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
1,044 Posts
Been looking to do this soon as I'm approaching the 100K mile barrier. Too bad the vid is gone.
Video was good quality entertainment and educational. Look at my tutorial, it was the first one I ever wrote on a forum, so a lot of other guys chipped in with their techniques. It was also the first time I ever changed spark plugs too.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,733 Posts
At 100,000 you need to change differential fluids, transfer case fluid, transmission filter and fluid, and remove and clean the throttlebody, change air filter, engine oil and filter, you must keep these babies well maintained if you expect them to last and they will! There are how-to write-ups on all this in articles section or search section. Good Luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Great how to video

I replaced my plugs after watching! Good job. I had to recheck afterward because I did not tighten the plugs enough. Looking at the video, you stressed over tightening so I was a little too careful. I saw some oil outside of the block around one of the plugs. I tightened and all is well. Saved me big bucks! Thanks.

Smooth:woot:

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle
21 Posts
video

Hi, the pictures were great. I would like to also take a look at the video. Can someone re-direct me to a new link? Thanks.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
25 Posts
3rd cylinder missfire 4 months after changed

i have replaced all plugs and coil packs on my 05 TB I6, but 4 months later the number 3 cylinder missfired and still dose, giving me a check engine light ever week. what could cause the missfire so soon? I have a non-oiled cold air intake an dual exaust from muffler back. Thanks

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
3 Posts
changed my plugs on my 4.3 ltr trailblazer now it runs really bad

I just changed the plugs on my wifes 04 trailblazer now it runs really bad the scanner says code 0300 misfire it was running fine before it just had 113,000 miles on the original plugs i didnt change the coil boots they were soft and pliable can anyone help me out? thanks this is my first post

·
Registered
2003 trailblazer_lt
9,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
I just changed the plugs on my wifes 04 trailblazer now it runs really bad the scanner says code 0300 misfire it was running fine before it just had 113,000 miles on the original plugs i didnt change the coil boots they were soft and pliable can anyone help me out? thanks this is my first post
There have been some cases where several of the coils weren't properly seated on the plugs, and it threw a p0300 afterward. I would recheck that all of the coils are seated properly.

21 - 40 of 71 Posts