Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
2003 trailblazer_lt
9,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)

Tools used:
Flathead screwdriver
Mini pick
Pliers (ok I used wire strippers but needle nose pliers or ***** should be used)
1/4" ratchet, extension, 10mm socket
Swivel spark plug socket, locking extension, extension
Big 3/8" ratchet, stubby 3/8" ratchet

Procedure: A more detailed step by step can be found here.:D
Remove intake box
Reposition wire harness
Remove coils
Remove plugs
Coat tips of plug threads and coil bolt threads with anti seize
Install plugs
Install coils
Reposition wire harness
Install intake box

Note: the wire harness cover does not have to be removed, I removed it to show a good view of the clips.

Note 2: I didn't show the small vac line get disconnected prior to removing the intake box. It does have to come off.:)

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
31 Posts
Thanks for taking the time to make the video. (Probably because of my computer..it was a "choppy" download.) Good work-Mike

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,733 Posts
:thumbsup:Hell Yea! Nice little un-boring vid! Only things I did different was I didn't move the plastic wire cover(just pried it back) and used air! Oh, and my assistant didn't sound neeeear as sexy as yours!:crackup: Cool deal friend!

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
1,044 Posts
A,
Very nice! Really good quality video. Great instructions. The last 10 seconds was TMI for me. :thumbsup: Awesome.

MAY03LT [B said:
As far as this comment goes :iagree:, whoever did this was a genius. It definitely didn't look like when the other guy wrote it up that it was his FIRST TIME EVER in changing sparks plugs. :crackup::rotfl::excited:

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
34 Posts
What happened to the video?

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
1,044 Posts
I think the video was removed, b/c MAY03LT has been banned.

What! :hissy: You don't like the pics with instructions?:crazy:

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
34 Posts
no, I like the pics, just was really nice to have the video as well.

·
Banned
2004 gmc envoy_sle
3,097 Posts
The video was not removed after he left. Andrew is having some issues with photobucket closing his account due to him having too much stored there. We would not remove any info from members who are no longer here, especially some one like Andrew who added a lot of good information.:tiphat

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
34 Posts
Yeah. Its nice to have both........thanks for looking into it!

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
34 Posts
Got 'er done! Also cleaned the TB all in about 1.5 hours. Was actually much easier than my 2.2L 4cyl S10. That one under the firewall wasn't too bad at all. I actually had more of an issue with the front one under the wiring harness.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
1,044 Posts
Got 'er done! Also cleaned the TB all in about 1.5 hours. Was actually much easier than my 2.2L 4cyl S10. That one under the firewall wasn't too bad at all. I actually had more of an issue with the front one under the wiring harness.
Glad it worked out. Any suggestions, on the tutorial?

1 - 20 of 71 Posts