Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
81 - 100 of 252 Posts

·
Banned
2006 chevy trailblazer_ss_lt
5,895 Posts
listen, i'm not here to troll. i even prefaced my comment. but this is troll bait if i've ever seen it
Just buy another spare off Ebay for $3 like I did. :rolleyes: :hopeless :no:
"there is no bread!"
"let them eat cake..."

yeah, really? :bonk:

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
1 Posts
Helped alot!!!

My ignition switch started going bad and wouldn't start unless we cycled the seat recall position from first to second, then it would usually start right up but untill it did the gauges would flip out, pinning out and bouncing back to half. Finally, a few days of this and the vehicle stalled and wouldnt start right beside the road, we towed it home and bought a new ignition switch, installed it and it fixed all problems, thank you for the suggestion.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
1 Posts
l problems start in the morning

I have a 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer and the problem is that in the mornings when I go to start it gives all the reading on the clocks hands move quickly stop off. After several attempts at achieving and throughout the day is only work ok in the morning that I have a problem. the battery is ok and there is power to the entire car. please if anyone has any idea thank you
Listen
Read phonetically
Dictionary - View detailed dictionarypronoun0.you0.thee0.yourself0.thyself

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
7 Posts
Not sure if I have Ignition problem

I washed my 2002 Trailblazer yesterday and when I tried to start it afterward it started to turn over, then made a sound like it was losing battery power, and then nothing. The interior lights and other electronics are working but when I turn the key I get absolutely nothing. Also, the steering wheel does not lock and my passenger low beam has gone out. The battery is new from March of this year but I checked it anyway and it is producing 12.2 volts. I even tried to jump it just in case but still nothing. I also tried a new starter relay switch but that did not work. Any ideas? While searching the forum here I saw this thread and thought the ignition switch may be my problem.

Thanks

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Could be the switch or the starter itself. If you have a meter you could tell for sure but most owners just change the switch because it's cheap and has a high failure rate.

Our steering wheel isn't designed to lock.

Headlight is a coincidence and isn't connected to the failure to crank.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle
5 Posts
Replaced my ignition switch today

Thanks for the great write up on replacing the switch. My wife had complained about the ignition not shutting off today so I had the switch sitting there and just did it. I managed to get the switch alignment screwed up. What I did to remedy this was to reconnect the negative terminal and rolled the gear over until the accessory lights went off . I disconnected the negative terminal and reassembled the switch and reconnected the negative terminal again and it was fine. I hope this little tidbit of info helps someone else.

Thanks again
VIenvoy:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
1 Posts
The orig ignition switch finally went out on my 2002 TB and trying to replace it. Here is where I am running into some trouble.
I attempted to follow the instructions for removing the steering column cover to no prevail. I managed to loosen the initial snaps on both sides of the steering column but cannot seem break loose the remaining snaps. I have tried to move the cover left to right just does not want to give.
Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
2005 buick rainier
1,012 Posts
The orig ignition switch finally went out on my 2002 TB and trying to replace it. Here is where I am running into some trouble.
I attempted to follow the instructions for removing the steering column cover to no prevail. I managed to loosen the initial snaps on both sides of the steering column but cannot seem break loose the remaining snaps. I have tried to move the cover left to right just does not want to give.
Any help is appreciated.
Mine was a pain in the rear as well. If you are just talking about the plastic cover, it's really just a question of separating the snaps. Just keep wiggling and pulling and it'll come off.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
3 Posts
Starting problem

I seem to have the same problem with my 2007 TB. Does it eventually get to the point of never starting and if so how much time do I have to replace the siwitch?

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
9 Posts
Just wanted to say THANK YOU! For this thread. My switch failed on Friday in my parking lot at work. Had a new switch installed the next morning. Took about twenty minutes start to finish. :thx

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
6 Posts
hello all this is my first ? on this forum

I hope this is not a stupid question,but why were you replacing your ignition switch in the first place,the reason I'm asking is just today I went to shut my 02 TB off and when I turned the key to off it would not turn all the way back and I could not get the key out,after turning it on and off a few times it finally turned all the way back and I was able to get the key out,by the way this happened twice in the same day,is this a fix that would solve this problem as it is quite embaressing fighting with the key when it won't come out

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_slt
566 Posts
check the battery first that it's fully charged....that's probably the problem....if it's fully charged, then the ignition switch is the next thing to do...these things fail often.....i've changed mine twice...not including the factory switch....only about 35 bucks and an hour to change.....read the many threads on here with pictures so you line the teeth of the switch up properly....

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
130 Posts
Mine had the typical systems the last two days, so I ran down to the store and got one.

I am having the same issues with my 2007 LS. I noticed it was hard to start a few days ago, been real cold for Texas 20s-30s, and my wife had a problem starting it yesterday, but last night it started fine.

This AM, nothing.

I just went out and JUST tested voltage and the battery is showing 12.93ish. I think tried starting it in Neutral. I thn tried starting it by gently pushing up on the shifter.

Still nothing.

I did noticed a humming/buzzing sound under the dash, kinda like an electrical motor cycling on and off.

Going out to disconnect the battery cable and see if that helps.
Disconnected battery again, cables and battery looked clean.

Pulled the caps and battery was full.

Now, when I put the key in and try to start it, the gauges do not react and the starter clicks.

When I take the key out, I hear the humming/buzzing still.

Nothing in neutral either.

Battery now shows 12.13v.

The only hard part on my 2007 LS was getting it unplugged after I got it removed from the housing. I cut a ziptie and it made it easier.

I then VERY carefully removed the switch and then counted the teeth from the left starting AFTER the area where teeth are missing.

I marked the old one and the made sure the new one was EXACTLY lined up.

After I got the battery charged, it started on the first try and everything worked as normal.

Thank you again for the pictures!!!!

·
Registered
130 Posts
OK, I am now having a few other issues.

It looks like I might have a few coincidences or not.

It cranks like the battery has a bad cell if it has been sitting for awhile.

AND, the clock also resets if it has been sitting for awhile.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Yeah, that's what I am thinking!

·
Registered
130 Posts
It was 12.9x static, don't have a hand to have someone check it while cranking.

It feels like a bad cell to me, just had the SAME thing happen last year with my Cadillac, but I am going to test it tonight.

Any other thoughts besides, battery or cables?

I have read EVERY post I can find on the subject, even though I thought it was the ignition switch. Replaced that, now these issues.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
213 Posts
It was 12.9x static, don't have a hand to have someone check it while cranking.

It feels like a bad cell to me, just had the SAME thing happen last year with my Cadillac, but I am going to test it tonight.

Any other thoughts besides, battery or cables?

I have read EVERY post I can find on the subject, even though I thought it was the ignition switch. Replaced that, now these issues.
I had trouble with my battery last week,but mine was 7 years old.I was suspecting it to be another ignition switch that would be number 4 for me.I had noticed ,with the arrival of cold weather that the truck was barely starting but with the holidays the truck was sitting around more and when it was used it saw alot of short trips (shopping) .The next time click click nothing:bonk:Long story short new battery installed no more problem.The cold weather is not your batteries friend.In your case though I see you have 2007 so the battery is not that old unless it has been drained to dead to many times I would suspect something else.Let us know how you make out,Happy Newyear and best of luck. Big Jim 2003

81 - 100 of 252 Posts