Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
769 Posts
Dont feel stupid for not knowing how to get the headlight out. It's not a very straight forward process, but its pretty easy. I had to do an internet search to find out my first time. That's how I found this site. :D

·
Banned
6,583 Posts
Check the article but its really easy.
1-take the grill out, it has 8 clips.
2-check on the headlights there is two levers. Pull them up and the headlight should become loose.
3- carefully remove the headlight and and unplug the turnig signals then the wiring hardness thats on the bottom.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
411 Posts
I didn't even have to remove anything except for that long black plastic piece that's above the grill. I was able to snake my hand down and pull those rubber plugs out and swap out the bulbs, i think you should be able to do so as well.

·
Registered
360 Posts
trailblazin02 said:
I didn't even have to remove anything except for that long black plastic piece that's above the grill. I was able to snake my hand down and pull those rubber plugs out and swap out the bulbs, i think you should be able to do so as well.
yeah same here, took about 15 min tops..

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
2 Posts
Replacing the Bulbs on an '06 Trailblazer

OK,

I read alot of these answers and nobody had any clue on how to replace a bulb without pulling the grill off of the truck. It's easy: On the drivers side pull the battery out of the car and pull the little rubber disk off of the light, turn the light bulb about 1/4 of a turn and pull it out. On the passenger side just pull off your Air Filter box and pull your filter off and you can access the passenger side light and replace the bulbs the same way you did on the drivers sider. don't waste time pulling the grill off, it's not hard to do but it is made of plastic and will break pretty easy. hope this helps you guys

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
1 Posts
Head Light Bulb replacement on Trailblazer

Hello, I just changed all 4 bulbs on my 2008 Trailblazer. I read all the posted advice on how to remove the grill etc. - After looking under the hood I decided to remove the battery & brace, and removed the Air Filter Box. These took approximately 12 minutes to do. I then removed the rubber covers and changed the High & Low beam bulbs. Put back the rubber covers, the Air Box and the battery & brace. Entire job took less than 30 minutes. No need to remove grill etc. and the chance of breaking something is always there. I also replaced my Fog Lamp bulbs as well. This is even simpler, as they just turn out of their socket, so you just replace bulb and turn back in to the socket - done.....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.