Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
99 Posts
Remember when...

... there used to be "ignition wire kits?"... I don't know that I realized they had gone the way of the DODO bird. ;)

GREAT write up... thank you!

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_slt
3 Posts
Thank you to everyone who has contributed to this post. I was able the change the spark plugs and clean the throttle body on my '05 Envoy and not it's running great. I also changed the air filter while I was at it since I was already under the hood.

Something really helped me was a Joby Gorillatorch flashlight. It's small but powerful LED flashlight with a flexible tripod with magnetic feet. It's great for adding light under the hood in hard to reach places. See the attached pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
25 Posts
success

I finally got around to replacing the spark plugs on my '06 Trailblazer (finally! I was at almost 140k miles). Went pretty well, except for the expected knuckle-busting on #5 and #6 (thank God for wobbly extensions).

The only difference: my resonator doesn't have the fuel pressure regulator vacuum line (in fact, I can't seem to find that line attached to anywhere, at all). There's not even a hole on the resonator where that line ought to connect (as shown in the pics - just solid plastic), so I know that other mechanics didn't forget to reconnect it.

Also cleaned the throttle body, as per recommendation - lots of black crud.

Say, I notice there's no mention of how much torque to apply to the spark plugs, so I applied 22 ft-lbs to #1-4, and since the torque wrench didn't fit underneath for #5 & 6, I just applied a "reasonable" amount of torque with a 3/8" rachet (about 6 inch handle) and two short extensions (one wobbly, one regular). Will my truck explode?

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
1 Posts
Big Thanks for this post!

Hey Big Thanks for saving me all the money doing this myself. I had to replace an igniter coil as well, identified by an OBD reading.

Again Big Thanks!

cs

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
2 Posts
Awesome!

Thanks for the walk thru! I am going to replace my spark plugs and clean the throttle body next week. I love doing the work myself. I am so fortunate there are good people like you leaving excellent walk thrus on this site!

41 - 45 of 45 Posts