Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thank you to everyone for your positive comments. I'm glad I could help save time & money! I'm still learning here, and other articles / how-to threads have helped me immensely, I'm just trying to give back. I liked writing this "How To", even though the pics and writeup took way longer than the headlight install itself.

I'm beginning to do more maintenance things to my Envoy, and I'm capable of at least documenting them as I go. I'll try and add more write-ups for "the little things" for you guys.

- Mitchell

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
7 Posts
Great write-up - Thanks ! I have a 2004 trailblazer, and I took the airbox out (about 2 minutes) rather than the grill and that worked great for me on the passenger side low-beam. I was able to change the drivers side low beam without removing anything.

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
78 Posts
Hello McFly,

Great article with detailed pics; hoping someone would do the same for the TBs. Today, I spent about 2 hours and gave up, as I was not interested in removing the front grill. It turns out of course, I have no choice in the matter. Again, some GM engineer needs to give his head a shake. It’s a silly light bulb, I shouldn’t have to dismantle the front end. There was just no room or enough move play to remove the rubber caps, let alone get at the socket. The next warm, non raining afternoon, I will attempt the grill removal and once all open I will replace the both.

Regards, CCI_TBLT

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
78 Posts
Hello Everyone,

OK I will stop my belly aching about the grill removal for the head light fix. Since I also am interested in repairing the flakey bow tie, it will be useful to remove the grill, and kill three birds with one stone. Have a look at this fellow member YouTube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoGjOkusa6U

Here he shows us how to install HID’s but this is quite useful for just any general front exterior repairs on the TB. Thank you, frankrizzo442, when I have time I will check out you other postings.

Regards, CCI_TBLT

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle
71 Posts
by far the easiest headlight bulb swap I have ever doon. Your pics were awesome, even a mongoloid could follow your directions.

thanks

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
25 Posts
Always helpful

This is really a great reference, epecially if you do not replace the bulbs often to refresh the memory on how to do this! Thanks again.

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
5 Posts
Just what I needed

Many thanks for posting these instructions. My driver's side low beam went out a few days ago, and I wasn't looking forward to replacing the bulb. After searching and finding this thread, I realized it was much easier than I expected. It took me longer to get the bulbs than it did to replace them (I replaced both low beams as a pair as is the general recommendation).

Thanks again for excellent instructions and pictures!

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Glad I could help! As the weather warms up this Spring and I start to do some more simple maintenance items to my Envoy, I'll be posting some more threads with things you can do with simple hand tools in just about any parking lot.

I live in a large apartment complex, so jack stands / jacks and power tool use are frowned on.

Thanks for all the positive feedback!

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
61 Posts
I took the airbox out (about 2 minutes) rather than the grill and that worked great for me on the passenger side low-beam. I was able to change the drivers side low beam without removing anything.
This is what I did also, because I couldn't pry the 2 outside tabs up. Will need to eventually take them out to clean the inside of the lens.

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are will blazer head-lights fit a 2002 envoy?
Not that I am aware of...the ascenders headlights and tail lights are interchangeable......not feeling the envoy headlights?:undecided

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_slt
5 Posts
worked like a charm!

Many thanks for this helpful tidbit of information. This took all of 10 minutes on my `06 Envoy and I also discovered that the passenger side head light assembly had been replaced and that it is broken on the part the light affixes to and it moves around inside the bezel assembly. Off to the wreckers I go!

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle_xl
4 Posts
Still relevant.

The Envoy manual said use "quick release". I wondered where the "quick release" was and then I saw it in the first figure.

Your fingers are a lot stronger than mine - but I got the job done and now have new working lights.

Thanks
Truman

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_slt
1 Posts
Thanks!

I realize that I'm reviving a pretty old post, but I just wanted to say thanks for the detail that went into this. Your post, including pictures, made it simple to change the lights on my Envoy.

Thanks again, and great job!
:thx

21 - 40 of 43 Posts