Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was looking under the hood of my new SS and I noticed a bar going across the top of the battery that is bolted down to the frame of the truck. If I need to change the battery, how in the world do I remove that bar? It doesn't look like something that can be just loosened and taken right off!

I am guessing the factory put it there on purpose to force owners to take the truck to the Dealer when they need a new battery!

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Actually it was a serious question. I even asked another SS owner at my job and they didn't know either. Yes I saw the 2 bolts but mine is bolted in such a way that you would have to remove other stuff just to get to that bar.

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
to the OP.. I deleted those other BS posts

there are 3 bolts that hold it on.. one down below in front of the battery, one on the inner fender and one underneath the black radiator trim piece..

I believe the are 12 or 13 MM bolts

then the brace comes off... after that the battery gets unhooked so the cover can be removed

·
Registered
2009 chevy
6,431 Posts
I am guessing the factory put it there on purpose to force owners to take the truck to the Dealer when they need a new battery!
The long wheel base trucks have 4 of those bars, one at each inside corner.

The 2 back ones are ok, but the front ones can be in the way when you need to do maintenance.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
8,770 Posts
I think I only have 2 on my EXT, not 4 :undecided hmmm I've got an 03

1 - 6 of 6 Posts