Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Trailblazer EXT LS 4.2 I6
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my trailblazers came without this trim piece and I would like to know how to remove it if I find one at the junkyard today, thanks in advance!

Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Premium Member
'05 Chevy TB EXT
4,647 Posts
Tailgate trim pieces on vehicles first sold in Massachusetts cannot be removed.

Air tight integrity might be lost and that could cause another Chappaquiddick, er .... thing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am looking to change one as well. I looked at one closely at a junkyard and there is a weather stripping type of material that holds it to the glass. It appears as though I will need to cut through that on the old one first. Then clean the window thoroughly and use a gasket sealer of some type to help attach the new one. As for bolts or clips, still trying to figure it out.

·
Premium Member
'05 Chevy TB EXT
4,647 Posts
I am looking to change one as well. I looked at one closely at a junkyard and there is a weather stripping type of material that holds it to the glass. It appears as though I will need to cut through that on the old one first. Then clean the window thoroughly and use a gasket sealer of some type to help attach the new one. As for bolts or clips, still trying to figure it out.
I THINK what you're describing is the urethane glue that glass shops use to install windshields and side glass.

It's extremely power in the adhesion-department a d the amount that you don't scrape away can be removed with a special solvent they have for just this purpose.

However, if there's a good seal and good holding power to the urethane that's left --- leave it as a base for the new urethane glue you'll need to use to install your ...uh ... what was it?

I forgot.......................

1 - 7 of 7 Posts