Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just bought a 2004 Trailblazer in really good shape. One thing we need to check out is what's causing wetness in the cargo area, inside the little storage thing. I suspect it's a break in the washer fluid line for the hatch window, which is under the carpet.
How do I remove that plastic trim piece along the back edge of the carpet? It doesn't seem to want to be pried off, and I don't want to break it.

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
343 Posts
Just pull it off. Yes, sometimes a tab will break because GM designs these vehicles to be built quickly and easily, not disassembled.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ah thank you. Is that water where your lock catch is, I think I have a leak somewhere. I guess the common areas to look is the license plate and the handle? Recently acquire the TB, and it was always parked under a carport.

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
343 Posts
Yes., there was some water around the latch. It has been raining buckets for a week and it is parked outside. I saw no rust and no water inside. I never noticed it before so I will be checking as soon as it stops raining. :hissy:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just pulled mine off so I could dry up the water. The foam under the carpet is damp, so I left it off so it can air dry. Not sure where the leak is coming from, guess I’ll start doing more research. Maybe the license plate seal? Let me know what you find on your end.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts