Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle_xl
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought an old GMC Envoy 2003 XL SLE with bose sudo system in it and was planning to fit GMC sierra stereo in it but i do not have any idea about wiring or harnesses . Any help would be appreciated.

I just want the new system to work . Dont care if i lose ON star feature or door chimes .:thx:thx:thx

·
Registered
2006 saab 9_7x
450 Posts
Is the GMC Sierra system new or used. If used, I'm almost positive that you will have to have a dealer clear the theft lock for it to work. Probably minimum $100 up here in Canada. We used to do stuff like that ( swap radios )back in the "old days". Now, with so much stuff running through the "bus" it is becoming increasingly not worth it. Let us know if you do it.

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle_xl
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is a brand new one . Actually a friend of mine bought the car and while purchase swapped for a higher version stereo and so they gave him this one back. It is brand new i can say but again it was in the car when he bought it so may be programmed with anti theft thing in it . i do not know.

May be tomorrow i am planning to to open up the dash and try to fit this one in . I am not even sure if this thing would fit in the existing grooves.

if it fits then would try to but wiring harness.

but do you know that just connecting wires without chimes or those GMOS or Metra connectors damage mt cars computer or not ????:thx

·
Registered
2006 saab 9_7x
450 Posts
If it came in the Sierra, than the Sierra VIN would be programed into it. So it would have to have the theft lock removed. I think that these vehicles used a LUX amplifier before a certain date in 2004. There is a thread about the LUX on the G M T Nation.com forum. No spaces in the address. Most of the knowledgeable people that were here are over there now. This site lists them as no longer with us, which in a sense is quite true. Does the head unit in the 2003 not work? May be a better option would be to go after market. Go to the crutchfield site and look around. You can input your vehicle and head unit choice and it will tell you what is needed for wiring harnesses to make it work.

Doug

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.