Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_slt
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Sorry I haven't been on in quite a while. I'm glad my post drew so much interest.

To be honest, I couldn't smell this kit for under $1000 when I was shopping for them. I got lucky and found a guy on EBay that had purchased the kit at full price for his Tahoe. He waited too long to install them and when they didn't fit, the time frame to return them had expired.

It just so happened I was looking at the same time he was selling and since they are specific to whatever interior and model you have, the pool of buyers must have been small.

I think the prices have dropped a bit since I bought mine though.

One tip I will give after using these for a few months is when you install the brain unit, be sure to extend the FM antenna. I thought leaving it coiled up would concentrate the signal so I left mine coiled and zip tied. There was lots of interference and I had to keep switching the channel. You would be surprised how many stations broadcast from 88.3 - 98.9.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle
180 Posts
NICEEEEEEEE I loved the writeup man! good job. It helped me out a lot. I still have to get the leather seats before i get the head rests' haha. :yes:

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_denali
8 Posts
My wife has the same ones on her Tahoe and the kids love them...and they work pretty well. Unfortunately, i paid $2000.00 for the monitors + installation. Also, the ones we have had headphones for each monitor so each kid can watch and listen to their own program while I can still listen to the stereo.

thanks,

joe...

·
Banned
2006 olds envoy_slt
10 Posts
My wife has the same ones on her Tahoe and the kids love them...and they work pretty well. Unfortunately, i paid $2000.00 for the monitors + installation. Also, the ones we have had headphones for each monitor so each kid can watch and listen to their own program while I can still listen to the stereo.

thanks,

joe...

$2000.00 is Very expensive for me,i bought one from this car accessories store just $500+installation a year ago,and now run well...:yes:

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_slt
1 Posts
Great posting very detailed...but I'm wondering would I have to worry about using my heated seats option after installing these headrests?

·
Registered
2009 gmc
1 Posts
I recently purchased a 2009 Acadia that has this same system installed. The Remote control will not work on either DVD player, so I figured it may be broken. I ordered a new one from EBAY, and that remote doesn't work either. Is there anything that needs to be "SET" to make the remotes talk to the dvd players?

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_denali
30 Posts
I just found this set on ebay brand new already color matched with 2 headsets and the remote for $325 shipped! I was wondering as online with the part number it shows not compatible for my 06 denali. Does this fit my envoy? 06 denali, mine does not have the roof mounted system, just the same setup that is carried on the vehicle shown in this post..

21 - 31 of 31 Posts